5️⃣

It was about seven o' clock when they finally arrived home after a quick stop to McDonald's. Melly had fallen asleep on the car ride home and would whine profusely whenever Tyquian shook him to get up. He soon got tired of repeating the same unsuccessful thing again and lifted the sleeping boy into his arms. Melly wrapped his legs around Tyquian's waist and stuffed his head in the crook of his shoulder. Tyquian patted the smaller boy all the way to his room where he lowered Melly onto his bed.

~~~
~~~~
~~~~~

Ty woke up to loud, ear-piercing screams. He immediately jumped from his bed and stumbled as best he could to Melly's room. He found the poor boy on the floor rocking back and forth as he trembled hard. He threw his head back and let out ugly sobs as he called for someone's unknown name.

Ty promptly dropped to the floor and pulled the small boy into his lap and began rocking and shushing him. Melly was sweating profusely as Ty crushed himself against him.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. It's okay," he whispered. "It's just a nightmare," he said against Melly's dampened forehead. Melly's eyes fluttered open and he latched himself on tighter to Ty.

"Is it r-really?" he whispered quietly. Ty didn't know how to answer this so he just hushed him and rocked the shivering boy to sleep.

Ty, being unable to sleep, replayed the whole day over. He then thought back to what Dr. Jenkins had said. "He could even be a little."

Ty set Melly on his bed once more and quickly exited the room only to return with his smartphone in hand. He crawled into Melly's bed and laid down, preparing for a long sleepless night. After all, how could anyone sleep with the echoes of such screaming in their heads?

Ty decided to spend the night reading black DDLB stories.