7️⃣

The house was about half an hour away and, like most houses in this town, hidden away in a vast forest. It was a brick house with a more of a witchy touch added to it.

Tyquian didn't know how to whoever house this was. All he had now was a name, "Momma". He felt nervous amd anxious, things he didn't usually feel. He just wanted the sassy boy back already.

He tossed Melly over his shoulder once more and climbed the three stoned steps leading to a single front door. He rapped his knuckles across the peeling wooden door and waited. The sounds of crashing and a person yelling unintelligible words filled his ears in the otherwise silent area.

The door slowly creaked open just enough to reveal a single brown eye, it's once whiteness yellowed with age.

"Who you be?" she said in a fast, yet hushed tone.

"Tyquian. Bowman. Tyquian Bowman, m-ma'am."

"And what is yo business here, Mr. Tyquian Bowman?"

Ty stuffed Melly's body in front of the woman's wandering eye and she immediately opened the door after gasping. She hurried them inside and pushed Tyquian, with Melly still in his arms, om a couch too low for him to sit comfortably.

"Why you ain't say it was 'bout my grandbaby?! I woulda been ya in?" she fussed as she bristled about.

"I-I'm sorry, ma'am."

"It's fine, baby. Don't nobody really know about me anymore," she huffed and nodded to a nearby couch.

"Whatchu mean anymore? You was famous before?" Tyquian asked as he sat with the senseless boy in his lap.

She flicked her wrist and chuckled a bit as she shook a small neon-glowing tube.

"Way before that second hospicle was built-"

"Hospit-" Ty abruptly stopped to grab his head after she hurled a rolled up newpaper at him.

"Don't interrupt ya elderlies. Nai, way 'fore that there hospicle was built on this side of town, people was comin' tuh see me," she nodded to herself and began to get comfortable in a rocking chair diagonal from them.

"I was known as the healing witch, but none of that matter no mo. I wanna know what's wrong wit him."

Tyquian's eyes fell to the unconscious boy in his lap. "We were getting dressed for school, but his lul self was taking too long so I go back dere, right? And dis nig-boy still in his tub slumped over like he got white-girl wasted."

"I hear ya. It was probably just Melvin though. He likes to take control sometimes."

"What?"

"You must not know," she said in a disbelieving tone in which Tyquian hurriedly shook his head. Then, without warning, she got onto her little old lady feet and disappeared into her cinnamon smelling kitchen only to return to the rocking chair with a small teacup.

"Want some?" she asked before she took a small sip. Ty politely declined and waited for her to continue.

"Well, I'll tell you, sonny. I assume you already know about the Demons family? Rich, run the town, you know the usual." Tyquian nodded to show her was listening.

"This means business trips and less attention to dear ol' Melly. To make up for this, Mommy and Daddy promised him a week just for the three of them. For months, Melly had behaved and such. Was a good boy. Then that week came and Mommy and Daddy were gone when little Melly woke up. He, of course didn't like that and returned to his normal, spoiled self."

The atmosphere had changed from chill to mysterious as Tyquian took this in. He felt like this was straight out of a book. A book that shouldn't have such a sad story.

"People will say it's that one cancellation that ended him, but I know otherwise," she took a sip of her tea and continued rocking her chair.

"Oh, yes. Mrs. Demons had came to me well before the accident?"

"The accident?" Ty interrupted, now leaning on the edge of his seat.

"You don't know about... the accident?" she asked with a cocked brow in which Tyquian quickly shook his head.

"Well, I'm sorry, boy, but it's not in my place to tell you. Jamell would have to tell you himself." She set her tea down and continued.

"Now before that accident, his parents and him were alive and glowing. What one would say is that of a perfect family. Then that one day... him and Bortlen did something horrible to the other two. After that, his mother said he just snapped. He became more distant, his eyes fluttered to a further unrevealed place, his mouth less filtered. And then he told me. He said, 'Grandma? I hear somebody.' He said that they were in his head and after that, Melly fell to his other self. Melvin."

"I thought he was just making that up!" Tyquian exclaimed. She nodded in return and took another sip of that tea.

"So did we all."

Tyquian laid back on the couch, staring at the gorgeous, yet troubled boy sleeping in his lap. It was at that moment that he felt his heart flutter, his face heat, and his body twitched. It was also in that moment that he promised himself, and the peacefully sleeping boy, that he would protect him.

She cleared her throat and Tyquian redirected his attention to her.

"You're in love, boy. And y'all there, is a match made from Heaven." She laid back and shut her eyes. "Tyquian Bowman?"

"Yes ma'am?" he answered.

"Always remember this: Aurora's prince awoke her from her spell. So did Snow White's. If you're his prince too, so can you."