The Coberith

Hours went by, nothing was in point of view. Iris was about to lose her mind, all she could think about was her grandma. She was all alone in her house, what if she forgets to take her meds? The thought was scary to her, she sighed.

  Barry looked at the troubled Iris, who was looking down at the ground. He felt kind of bad, and terrified. It had been hours, and it was getting dark. He probably wouldn't have minded being stranded alone, but now he had someone to take care of.

"You okay?" He looked at her, he could tell she was also a bit scared. What if they never find their way home? Where were they anyways?

  Iris didn't look up. She thought about ignoring him for a moment, but then felt that was unnecessary.
"My grandma. She sometimes forgets to take her meds," she shrugged. "She's probably okay though." Iris reassured herself. Barry nodded.

   It was silent again, and the sun was beginning to set. They had been walking all day, and their legs and feet were aching. Iris was thinking of her job, and how she would have to explain it to everyone that she was abandoned out at the beach with some random guy. She wondered what they would think, what her crush, Jason, would think. Not that Jason would care, he didn't really see Iris in the way she saw him. She wondered if he worried about-
Iris' thought was interrupted by a ruffle in a bush behind them.

   Barry and Iris both looked behind them. Barry looked at Iris to see if she heard it to, it seemed that she had. It was probably just a rabbit, but what if it wasn't? They stood there for a moment, they were curious of what it was.

"Hey-" Barry tried to say that they should keep going, but then they heard a growl. It was not a rabbit in the bush, it was something bigger. More dangerous. Barry grabbed Iris' arm and signaled her to not move. They both were frozen like statues. The bush moved again, and something came out from beneath them. It wasn't an ordinary animal, it looked like a beast.

It was huge, and Iris was about to scream

It was huge, and Iris was about to scream. Barry tugged her arm and began to run. He wasn't afraid for himself, but for Iris. He didn't know her, but he didn't want her to get hurt.

"Run!" He said, and they both started running. They could hear the beast stomp behind them. They could hear its breath. Barry signaled to run into the Jungle, to see if they could get it caught in the trees.

  Their feet didn't ache anymore. All they could think about was, what if it caught up to them? What was it?

Barry ran and jumped off a log and hid under it, and signaled Iris to do the same. Whatever this thing was, they couldn't hear it anymore. All they could hear was each other's breath from running.

  Iris could feel butterflies in her stomach, and pressure on her lungs. She was out of breath, and whatever that monster was, it wanted to eat them. She closed her eyes as she tried to calm down, and breathe. Barry was looking around making sure the beast wasn't there. He looked around, and then decided to peak his head out from under the log, that was just big enough for both of them. He looked around and noticed nothing was there. But he could see something, almost like a roof to a house. Was there someone there? Maybe they could help them.