Your New Home

If it were for you, you would've gotten away from this crazy ice boy a long time ago. But since you trapped yourself in this situation to make sure more people wouldn't suffer Finn's icy fury, so you kept playing along.

It was a bit tricky to find a way to travel with Finn which didn't involve physical contact, so after much consideration you came up with a fairly decent idea.

"A sleigh-?" the boy tilted his head to the side.

"Yeah... That way i can rest without you having to make stops and take longer to reach our destination" you tried to explain, it was a poor excuse but it was better than admitting that you didn't want him to hug you.

Since neither of you were experts on craftsmanship, the sleigh was created by keeping fallen wooden planks together with Finn's ice along with some scraps of cloth to keep you comfy, and before you knew it you were riding a makeshift sleigh being pulled by a crazy ice boy through a cold wasteland. Just peachy.

Despite how fun your little ride might be, the scenery wasn't the most pleasant since wherever you turned the sight was quite hauntingly, the huge lack of flora and fauna made the land appear quite dead which combined with the dark clouds that closely resembled skulls looking down at you. The grip you had on the blanket only tightened as you started contemplating if your sacrifice was really worth it, sure you saved your family and the townspeople from Finn but how long will they be safe with this environment?

You tried to shake away those thoughts for now and settle to lie down on the makeshift sleigh, covering yourself with the blanket so you could block your eyes from the wasteland.

---------

There was a sudden bump in the road that woke you up all from a sleep you didn't even knew you fell into, you removed the blanket from your head only to be greeted by Finn's rather cheerful smile.

"Good morning my princess!" he chirped, helping you stand up from the sleigh and onto the different location.

"Where are we now?" you rubbed the sleep from your eyes, drinking up the details of the landscape around you. There wasn't much to take in since there was a rocky mountain blocking half of your view and the other half were a few thin pine trees that weren't enough to create a full forest but it was close enough to become one if you walk a few miles.

"I found the perfect spot for our castle, it'll be right up there on the top of the mountain!" Finn announced rather cheerfully, pointing a finger to the mentioned natural structure.

Unlike Finn's excited expression you were more confused and concerned on how he'll be able to build such a castle. "That's great my dear-" you replied "But um... won't that take some time?" 

"Of course it will, but do not fret my princess i have a nice safe place for you to stay while i work" he floated above the ground for a few centimeters to guide you to a side of the rocky mountain walls, where a small cave entrance could be seen. 

He nudged you to check inside which you pretty much had no other choice, it wasn't too big for you to get lost in nor too small since it allowed both of you to fit nicely, so that was a plus. It seemed Finn already took a step ahead and added a few items to make the cave more cozy for you while you were asleep, the sleigh was now an improvised bed with the scraps of cloth, there was some moss in the flooring to imitate a carpet, and there were even some small wildflowers trapped in round ice spheres, almost like snow globes. 

"So' what do you think?" the boy awaited eagerly for your response "Oh! also, i know you'd haven't eaten all day so i got you something to eat. I don't need to eat much myself so you can have it all" he offered you a piece of tree bark like a plate with a good amount of berries, acorns, edible plants and mushrooms for your consumption. "I know you might be thirsty too, but i couldn't find any water around the area so for now you can melt my ice" he handed you a few icicles as well.

Your eyes went up to his eager face, then fell on the plate of food, before going back up to his face. It didn't take long for your eyes to water up for a second, maybe not enough to spill but it did meant you were rather touched since you felt your stomach act up and rumble. You've spent all this time judging and fearing the boy, believing that he was just an unstable, crazy, blinded young man- and you still viewed him that way, but apparently there was more to him than just that, given with how he worried about your well being.

"It's alright. Well, this place could need a hand but it's still a sweet gesture of you. Thank you Finn" was the first time you were completely honest with him, unlike the lies you've been feeding him.

"I'm happy to hear, anything for my princess-" he stretched out his hand as to give you a hug but he stopped himself halfway, no doubt remembering how you reacted to his touch before. "Well... i'll get going on working on our castle, in the meantime you stay here and eat up." Finn eyed you longingly before floating pass you and out of the cave.

Despite how much you were starving there was still a small amount of food on your bark plate so you had to take slow bites at a reasonable speed. After enjoying your brief meal, you made your way out of the cave to look around the pine tree area while licking the icicle in your hand since your throat was rather dry and the ice took a long time to melt. Your feet didn't take you too far away from the cave because you weren't too keen on the idea of getting lost, sure there was a chance for you to run away from Finn but it was best to get an idea on the area you're in first, besides, it seemed the boy didn't mean any harm to you.