Chapter 1- To End It All

A/N: This chapter dwells in darker thoughts and suicide. This is a darker story beginning. If you need help or need someone to talk to, please contact the suicide prevention line. 1-800-273-82 55. There are also online chats. 24 hours a day.

This tempo will change, but alcohol and depression are within the chapter below which might not be suitable for some readers.

Thank you,

-Helium.

.

.

.

Hard fingers ground into Emelia's arm, dragging her roughly through the crowd of murmuring people they had just broken into. Swooshing doors closed behind Emelia's legs. The quiet halls they had just left were a shocking contrast to the laughing and talking before them. Slot machines chimed loudly around as they spilled gold coins every few seconds.

"I can't believe you'd do this." A female voice hissed, and Emmy blinked for a moment, unable to recognize the person who dragged her forth. The hand around her arm tightened even more, securing the leverage against her. The pain finally seemed to snap Emelia out of her stupor.

"Let go of me," Emmy yelled, pulling away from the woman. More people looked around curiously at the two women who had left the Hotel's private venue for the wedding. A few curious eyes traveled over Emmy and her unknown counterpart, though most people instantly went back to gambling in the casino.

Emmy wiped her mouth, the nausea still behind her lips, but she was finally able to focus on the face of the person who had pulled her out of the wedding.

Gordon's mother.

"You vindictive bitch." Amber seethed, the fine wrinkles around her eyes and mouth contorting slightly to her expression. "You just couldn't let him be happy?! You just had to get drunk off your ass and ruin this wedding! It's no wonder he left you!"

Emmy straightened at those last words, rising fully and finding her anger. "Excuse me?! I didn't drink anything! I didn't ruin this wedding! The man that cheated on me with my own sister married her right in front of my eyes!" She screamed so loud, knowing damn well people could hear her. "And my fucking family refused to let me stay out of it, oh no, I had to be the perfect baby sister and pretend that none of this happened."

Emmy flung her hands in the air, eyes ablaze with every pent-up emotion she had, "And yes, Amber, I ended up getting sick. Fuck you, and fuck anyone who holds that against me!"

Tears were streaming down her face, she inhaled to scream some more because, hell, screaming felt like the first real thing she had done in a while, but the words never left her lips. The slap knocked her clean back, her head and jaw instantly askew from the force behind Amber's palm.

"You are a disgrace." Amber said coldly, "We've all heard the updates on you. You couldn't make Gordon happy. You couldn't make your family happy. You wasted a college scholarship; you wasted your father's savings." Amber adjusted her dress, preparing herself to walk back through the doors to the venue. "I never liked you, I was overcome with joy when I found out he cheated on you. Your sister, though not my first choice for a marriage partner, is by far above you. She accomplished her degrees, she cares about her attire, she understands your mother and stepfather's business. And..." Amber's eyes burned into Emelia's, "She's far better suited for Gordon."

Amber held Emmy's gaze for one moment more before opening the venue doors. "Stay the fuck out. We don't need any more of your embarrassing puking stunts." And at that the doors shut silently behind her.