Goodbye

In the water stood none other than Yixing. He quickly swims to the surface and looks up at the cliff. 

"C'mon baby! I'll be right here. Don't be scared!"

A voice from above the cliff yells back, "Yixing, you are insane. I might hurt one of us. I'll go down and in through the shore."

The voice trails off and I realize that me and Baekhyun are on the shore and Yixing is swimming towards us.

"Baekhyun," I hiss, "Where should we hide?"

"I have no clue," he whispers back. I start inching to the right and pulling him but it was too late by then as Yixing catches up and greets us.

"Hey Baekhyun! Hey Y/N! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, haha. We're just going for a swim," Baekhyun mutters nervously.

"Remember the good old days when you, Sunhee and I would come here all the time during the hot summer days. Oh man, we have grown so much since then." Yixing stares into the water as he smiles as he recalls the memories.

"Yeah... we have grown so much." 

"Oh hey Sunhee!" Yixing looks behind us as we turn around." "Hi babyyy," he says, running to a small baby in swimming pool inflatables whom Sunhee was carrying. 

I turn to Baekhyun, feeling sad because I knew he would look broken and that would hurt because that would mean he still has feelings for her. But can I blame him? He loved her. Of course he still loves her! I mean I'm just me. He was her love. I look at him and... he's fine? He looks into my eyes and he has a smile that's reassuring. He places his arm around my waist and pulls me closer. Safe.

I felt safe. 

He loves me! He really does love me.

Yixing and Sunhee come closer to us with the baby in Yixings arms. 

"Meet your uncle Eunbee!" Yixing takes the baby and places it in Baekhyun's arms. Sunhee shifts uncomfortable behind Yixing but Baekhyun seems un-bothered. 

"Looooook how cute you are," he coos to baby Eunbee. She was so adorable! Her little ducky inflatables made her look even cuter! 

Baekhyun takes the baby and places her in my arms. She looks up at me and laughs a little. Ahhh she was the size of my arms! I take her gently and cradle her a little before returning her to Sunhee. 

Baekhyun then takes my hand and holds it, caressing the top of my hand with his thumb. 

Sunhee and Yixing place baby Eunbee in the water who surprisingly doesn't cry.  She stays put while holding on to each of her parents' finger. 

"So how are you guys?" Yixing asks with a smile.

"Good! How about you?" I say back. 

"I'm good," he replies before looking at Sunhee.

"I'm good too," she says meekly. 

She glances over at Baekhyun who was too busy baby talking with Eunbee. They were both so cute! His eyes lit up every time Eunbee smiled, 

"How's school Y/N?" Yixing asks.

"Honestly, I'm doing much better! This break is exactly what I needed."

"Oh I'm so glad to hear that. You must be very special to Baekhyun if he brought you here. You're one of the only people who knows about this place besides the three of us."

I blush intently while Baekhyun's ears perk up as he laughs nervously.

"Oh yeah. I've just had a really rough week so he's trying to cheer me up."

"That's so cute!" Yixing says. Suddenly Baekhyun splashes water towards Yixing. Yixing looks shocked before a childish smirk creeps upon his lips. 

"Oh you're on Baekhyun!" He chases Baekhyun towards the waterfall. I get left with Sunhee.

You know the saying where you can cut the tension with a knife? Well that's exactly how it felt. Baby Eunbee's little giggle echoes between us. I finally decide to break the silence.

"How is she?"

Sunhee looks surprised for a moment but she responds quickly. "Good."

Once again an awkward silence came between us. How was I supposed to talk to someone I did not like? 

I decide to start walking towards the shore and hopefully leave. Once I reach I call out Baekhyun's name. He says his goodbyes to Yixing and we head out towards the car. 

"Sooo, how much fun did you have?"

I decide to tease him a little. 

"Meh, I've had better dates."

First he looks at me with annoyance but then he starts smiling really big.

"Oh, so this was a date huh?"

I blush and curse myself in my head. Gosh why am I so awkward?

He giggles just as we reach the car.

We both change out of the soaking wet clothes. I make sure to take a few peeks at him and notice him doing the same. 

We decide it was time for me to go home. The car ride back was amazing. We sang our favorite songs together and said a lot of puns. As he was driving, he made sure to hold my hand the entire time, fingers intertwined. Occasionally, if he had a sharp turn, he would drag my hand with his.

Once we finally reached, the realization that it would be a while before I saw him hit me. Then the sadness followed. I tried to maintain a smile but it faltered. Baekhyun noticed and he cupped my face into his hands. He kisses my forehead then he pulls me closer to kiss me. The kiss was hungry, passionate, like it was our last, which it would be for a while. His hands slowly travel to the back of my head, entangling his fingers within my hair. When we stop, I find myself catching my breath. 

I smile at him, now genuine before I make my way out of the car. Before I close the door, I say, "I love you."

"I love you too."