Prologue

This is Berk. New Berk. The best Berk as some like to call it. Everyone agrees to say this island is far better than the previous one, even if it was a seven generation home.

But there's a cash. Yes, we got a really nice new home, but we lost something precious, something that really changed our life.

Our dragons.

The first time they completely shook our life was the time we made peace with them, and welcomed them within our village.

But, hey, we're vikings. We can handle anything. Adapt to them living with us, ha, easy. Easier than break a rock with your head.

Adapt to them leaving, well... not that easy.

But we handle it too, cause we're vikings. We are like the most tought, thick headed guys. We survived raging snowstorms, gigantic seamonsters, even a whole frozen village.

But survive our dragons leaving, it was quite a challenge. This is the second time our lifes have been shaken up.

I happen to look up at the sky, remembering those giant creatures flying around, hoping to see them there again.

I'm Hiccup. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third. At twenty, I became the Hairy Hooligans' chief. Young, I know, and it wasn't always easy. There's a lot of obstacles to overcome, a lot of things to take care of, but I manage to do it all, because I'm not alone.

I relied a lot on our dragons and, after their departure, I rememebered that the clan's strength is within its inhabitants. All its inhabitants, not just the dragons.

Yes, we lost our winged friends, but we're still here, and we are united. We overcome everything that strikes our way and handle anything. Because we do it together.