thirty-two

From the first moment we touched, your arms felt like home

_

As much as you hated it, the magical moment had to end soon.

You forced yourself to get out of his warm grasp and look at him properly.

His big hazel eyes radiated a warmth that made you feel the need to look at them until you get lost in his warm gaze.

In this moment you wanted nothing but to hold him and to go back to how everything had been between you two, but your pride wouldn't let you after all he put you through. You so needed to talk this out.

Jungkook sighed and cupped your cheeks with both of his hands, slowly dragging his thumb over your skin.

He leaned forward, so that your faces were on one level, the motion making his newly dyed hair glitter in the sun mesmerizingly.

"I know that what I did was incredibly dumb and I don't expect you to forgive me. Just... just give me a chance to prove you that I love you."

Your mouth opened and closed like a fish, slighty caught off guard by the sudden confession.

He had told you he loved you before, but that was back in the time where everything was fine between you. Him saying that now was as if he stitched together a part of you which had been torn apart.

Jungkook furrowed his brows and leant back at your lack of words  after he said something tha left him so vulnerable, "I mean, I understand if you don't- don't... you know. Since you're dating this guy-"

You frowned, already having an idea of what he meant by this, "What?"

He averted his hands away from your face and looked away shyly as he realized what he just said , "You know this australian-"

You knew it was mean but you laughed at how lost Jungkook looked in that moment, "Felix? He has a boyfriend."

Jungkook blinked and blushed embarrassed, "Uh... that was embarrassing I'm sorry."

You laughed harder, making Jungkook flick your had with a scowl, "Yah, how was I supposed to know? This guy was always around you, it looked like you two were dating."

You bit your lip in an attempt to calm yourself down, "We did indeed date, but that was before he met his soulmate."

It was adorable how his cheeks reddened and you changed the topic for his own sake, "Nevermind, what did you plan for today?"

The older blinked as if he forgot why you came here, "Well, follow me."

He said, a cheeky grin back on his face.

He took your hand, and you found yourself in peace at this caring gesture. You thought of what Yoongi told you, how you should make the choice that makes you happy. And although your pride told you not to allow him back in, you did feel content in that moment.

He lead you to a big old willow tree, under which a red-white checkered blanket was placed together with a picnic-basket, just like the romantic cliché, fitting to your romantic cliché soulmate, who wore a sheepish grin as you eyed the perfectly prepared scenery in front of you.

"Did you do that all by yourself?"

"Of course", he exclaimed with a proud grin.

"... except of the food, that was Yoongi hyung."

You felt a smile appear on your face at his sheepish confession and you sat down on the blanket.

He followed you and took out a bunch of colorful snacks from the basket.

You never knew that Jungkook was such a cheesy guy and you had the suspiscion  that he wanted to impress you really badly.

You still couldn't get yourself to believe he  did all of that because he actually wanted to 'get you back' but because he had something else in mind, but maybe it was you being paranoid after all what happened.

What so ever, while you were sitting there in the sun, together with an overly happy cherry-head, eating and laughing, you felt at ease for the first time since three years.

You felt not just happy, you felt in peace. Being reuinted with your soulmate somehow made you feel in peace.

Could this feeling last?

____

This chapter was cringey I apologize

xx