Bus.

Sitting next to me right now is the epitome of happiness,

The meaning of a kindness,

The representation of evil

The definition of cuteness.

Wait that doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, as i'm writing this, there's a really cute kid sitting right next to me and I want to hug him really bad. I'm trying to resist with all my might so that I don't hug some random kid in public and get branded a pervert. The bus drivers voice echoes through the deck, jolting my conscious back to reality, reminding me why I'm even here. My hands grip the contract in my sweating palms.

The client this time is a tricky one, one wrong move, one hasty step, and the guillotine comes rushing down on my soul, sepertaing money from my life, separating my will and reason from my body. And that is why, I must not, I cannot let some random kid, who chose to sit next to me on a whim, take my conscious to nether-land. I must not lose sight of my goal, I will fulfil the arrangement as promised, and complete my job.

"Next stop, Machiya-Ekiymae. Passengers who would like to..."

I do not catch the drivers tired call, one that I have heard over, over, and over again within my life. I only recognise one call, the one for my stop, the one for my workplace. Such is the life of the humble salaryman.

Ha, who am I kidding. I've just heard these words so much that I can probably even shout out the same words in unison with the driver.

The bus comes to a halt. The kid, surprised by the sudden stop, jolts forward, right into my open lap. The bus doors open. Ah, I have never felt such bliss in my life! Oh how I wish my body can stay in this moment forever, as this child's warm embrace cleanse my soul of the dirt of man, of all the filth on my soul. I can feel my greediness, my selfishness, all my evil, slowly peel off my soul. This little one shoulders all, rids me of sin, and is the only reason why this journey can even be called pleasant to me.

The child, embarrassed, meekly apologises and gets off me before returning to the seat. I can fell the darkness, all the filth sweeping back into my heart as those thin arms leaves my embrace. Though al has returned to what it should be, I feel an empty hole in my heart, in my body. Like something that should have been here is now missing. The bus doors close and with it, the filth submerges my heart.

The bus continues its journey. Perhaps it's better that this filth is in my heart. I can think properly now at least, though I doubt it's as proper as before. The digital clock at the head of the bus is unmoving, flashing, numbers unwavering.

23:20 it says.

Good, I can still make the deadline.

The contract does not expire till midnight. I need only bring this to the client before then and I will have fulfilled my duty. I will then be able to earn eternal salvation, salvation in the highest order. I need only deliver this contract to my client. I need only collect my pay and leave after that.

"Next station, Arakawa-Nichome..."

The shinigami in front of me stands up and heads to the front, but that is of little notice to me. After all, My focus is now on the now sleeping child, resting on my shoulder. The kids looks pure and innocent, just like a sleeping baby. I can feel bliss on my right shoulder, warmth surrounding it, urging me to fall asleep as well. Once the bus comes to a halt, I am floating in the child's warmth, feeling the soft, fluffy clouds easing my body all over. The child's snores are also pleasing me to the depths of my heart, caressing my ears over, over and over again. No, what am I thinking about? Focus me, focus! Don't let this child take over you again! I shake my head as the bus doors close once again.