Darling 6

7 am Tuesday, December 22nd.

Matthew read through Ivan's texts thoroughly explaining their next date plans. Matthew gave Kumajirou a gentle head pat as he headed outside to walk him. Alfred was already on his doorstep, his eyes were ire.

"Mattie, you didn't answer your phone last night." Alfred snarled. "Artie and I waited outside your house, and we got to meet your boyfriend Ivan who carried you home."

"Boyfriend..." Matthew blushed. "It's not that, I was at his house-"

"Doing what, exactly?" Alfred's foot tapped impatiently.

"Just talking..." Matthew mumbled. "You can ask Katyusha..."

"That communist's sister?" Alfred pounded his fist on the doorframe, making Kumajirou growl. "Fine, I'll figure out exactly what happened, but Arthur and I are taking you to work today, understood?"

"Yes, Alfie." Matthew quickly wiped his eyes from tears.

"Why are you crying? Do you like that bastard?" Alfred snapped.

"What did he do to you?" Matthew sobbed.

"No, it's what he did to you." Alfred pointed at his head. "And you can't remember it."

"Ah, fuck..." Alfred rubbed his temples. "What was it? On the day Trần Chung Liên confessed to me... You were on the floor all bloody and shit... Ivan was standing there. I don't remember what he did exactly, but it messed up your head."

"What?" Matthew stepped back.

"Yeah he beat you up or somethin', and I'm not sure why. Probably thought you were me." Alfred rubbed his eyes gently under his glasses. "I think he hated me for calling him a commie every day."

Matthew knew something was wrong, it wasn't Ivan who hurt him, but accusing someone else without evidence would also be wrong. Was it really Ivan? All he knew is Natalya had the capacity to kill, but Ivan? That would be too much.

"Can you let me through, Alfred?" Matthew nudged his brother, making Kumajirou jump. "He wants to walk."

"Let me go with you." Alfred cleared the doorway.

"You treat me like a kid." Kumajirou led Matthew. "I'm an adult, you know?" Kumajirou barked while leaping towards a cat nearby. "Kumarumi! Don't do that!"

"Someone is lively this early." Ivan laughed. "Your brother is here too."

'Darling' Matthew mouthed. Alfred stepped in front of Ivan, intercepting their interaction. Ivan kept his smile and slipped his arm around Matthew to ward of Alfred.

"You shouldn't harass your brother so much," Ivan smirked. "Isn't there anyone else you can bother?"

"Why are you even around him?" Alfred's hand balled up into a fist.

"He's a nice boy, unlike you." Ivan laughed.

"I won't forgive you for what you did." Alfred turned towards his car.

"And that's because I didn't do it." Ivan waved to Alfred driving off. "Sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time, da?"

Matthew shook his head, unable to remember what happened. Alfred seemed to have a hoggery for attention, it's a revelation that Alfred batted an eye to Matthew. Matthew rubbed Ivan's hand gently.

"What happened Ivan?" Matthew asked. "What happened to me?"

Ivan pat Matthew's head. "You'll know soon, but it wasn't me. It never could be me, even if your brother refuses to believe." Matthew reached for Ivan's other hand. "You act like a dog, you know?"