《 Chapter Eight 》

A/N I have not updated this in a while and I honestly thought everyone would lose interest. That... did not happen, so here you go, we're gonna try and see if we can keep up with this. Bare with me though I'm in college now trying to find a job.

Maya's POV

   Mr. Fireman picked me up off the ground and carried me behind all the others. I moved my finger on the drawings on his face when he smiled, I think because of me but I'm not sure.

   This place smells gross now, like someone tried to cook but was bad at it. Like the people who made the food at the place with all the mean people. No one could cook so the food was always bad. Sometimes it was so bad that they didn't give me any because the cook messed it up so much I couldn't eat it. On those days I didn't eat anything, just had water. I really wish they had fruit snacks but they said I wasn't allowed to make demands, whatever that means.

   Mr. Fireman stopped walking behind everyone while everyone else kept going. I looked at him and frowned pointing to where everyone else was. If we moved to slow they would leave us, or get mad at us. I looked back at Mr. Fireman and he looked at me really sad. I think it was because the other guy was mean to him. I know what he felt like, sometimes the guys with the big sticks would be mean to me for no reason, when I was just sitting there not doing anything.

Flashback

"You're telling me this kid is a weapon of mass destruction"

A man I've never seen before said looking down at me, he looked like my daddy did sometimes when he went out with my mommy. He looked angry at me. Everyone always looked angry at me. The mean lady was next to him. Being mean. Her eyes were the most angry and I did nothing to her! Why was she always angry at me? Everytime she is angry at me. 

She looked down at me and smiled. But it was still an angry smile, not a nice smile like the one's mommy and daddy would give me. Not nice like Ariel's smile. Ariel was always smiling at me, even when she was angry after I'd accidentally dropped her sometimes. Even when the mean guys took her away sometimes she would come back and still be smiling. I think she's even smiling right now.

"Come on Maya, show the nice man what you know how to do, what you practiced" she said to me softly, still trying to have a nice smile. I didn't believe her though. We looked at each other for a long time before her smile went away and she was angry again. She nodded her head to the guys with the sticks and they start to walk over to me. I move away from them and look around for Ariel. Ariel always made me not scared whenever the guys with sticks were around. 

"Waller you are terrifying this child. This is wrong" the man said more words but I couldn't see him anymore, there were a lot of people. 

The guys with the sticks pointed them to me.

That wasn't good.

"Amanda!"

A loud noise that was even louder than me hurt my ears making me cover them while my eyes started crying. I didn't like the loud noise. I think I told the guys that but they forgot. I forgot sometimes too so that ok. 

The man was on the floor and his eyes were crying too. I don't think he liked the loud noises either. He covered his ears too before paint started to fall out of his nose like when the sticks hit me. 

The guys with the sticks were still looking at me and the mean lady was looking at the man on the floor. I think she was talking but I couldn't hear her anymore, and then my head hurt and the lights turned off leaving me in the dark.

End of flashback

Mr. Fireman said some words but I don't know if they were real because I couldn't understand them. He started walking again before anyone would start yelling at us for being too slow.