ii. REAL QUICK

CHAPTER TWO:REAL QUICK■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

CHAPTER TWO:
REAL QUICK

MARVEL ROSE FROM HIS BED, THROWING HIS BLANKETS ASIDE IN A SWEATY MESS. "Why is it so damn hot already?" he said to himself, as he pulled himself out of his bed and into the bathroom. He rubbed his eyes, which were still powdered with dirt and lines where sweat once was, he wiped his face with cold water. His bright blue telephone began to ring, the one his Father had gotten him for Christmas this past year, he threw the towel to the side and dashed to pick up the phone. "Hello?" he said, "Marvel? I-I need you to come to my house, real quick!" it was Cato, he sounded worried, and scared. He began to speak again "I-I mean you don't have you come I just really need someone to talk to right n-now" Marvel froze, what was wrong? "Cato. What's wrong? Are you okay?" Marvel heard slow breathing on the other end, "I'm coming, alright? Stay there."

Marvel hopped onto his bike, and pedaled as fast- and safely- as he could to Cato's residence. Marvel let his bike hit the pavement as he raced towards the front door, he knocked slowly but loud enough to echo through the whole house. "Cato? It's Marvel!" The door swung open seconds after he finished saying his name. Cato stood there, he didn't look so good, his shirt slightly wrinkled, undereyes slowly gradually turning into a gradient black. He had just seen him 3 days ago, has he slept at all? "Cato! Hey, what's wrong?" Cato began softly rubbing his shoulder, as if he was chilled to the bone. "I can tell you everything, come in"

Marvel followed Cato up the steps into his room, getting more anxious by the minute. Cato sat down on his red covered bed, then patted a seat next to him on the sheets, "Um, a few months ago happened to me. I don't know why.. I felt so isolated, scared, nervous. But nobody in our group really noticed, including you, because I hid it, I hid it so badly that I felt like I was going to explode. I pretended to be fine around you guys because I don't ever want you to pity me, I want you to be happy. I-I'm sorry I never told you, I trust you the most, I just thought you'd think of me differently, maybe not want to be friends anymore" Cato pauses, he places his hand on his head. "It-It's not okay that I didn't tell you sooner, I- I just didn't want to scare you off-"

Marvel knew what he was going to say. "I have depression, Marvel- and if you don't want to be around me anymore I understand because I know it's a hard thing to deal with-" Cato says so quickly he runs out of air, Marvel wraps Cato in an embrace, feeling tears and so many emotions well up in his eyes. "You know I would never do that to you- I would never leave you. Ever" Marvel feels Cato's arms wrap around him in return, and he feels Cato's chest rapidly moving up and down, resulting in a loud sob. Cato was always seen as funny, loud, and he radiated such beautiful energy that it made Marvel's heart skip a beat sometimes, it was sad, so fucking sad, Cato did not deserve this pain. But good things happen to the best people, and it makes Marvel so angry that it got him. "Take your time, I will be patient with you, and if you decide to tell the others, I will be right by your side, okay?" Marvel says as he pulls away from the hug, making eye contact with Cato's glistening eyes. Cato stays silent, smiling.

Cato walks Marvel to the front door, Marvel is halfway out the doorway when he feels a tug on his wrist. "Hey, thank you, for understanding" Cato says, Marvel smiles. "No problem.. you can always talk to me, you know that right?" Cato nods, "I know that now" Marvel turns to leave, waving his hand as in goodbye. Cato waves back.

695 words
i feel like this chapter will correlate with the story much better, i wanted to bring some awareness into this book and show that even the brightest people can be in mental pain. and i know that's so overused, but i suffered this way, and this shines light onto that in a way, i truly hope you aren't offended, if so i am truly sorry.
also sorry for not posting for two months wow.