Muted

Even as a young kid without a home, he knew he was different.

Even as a teen just barely getting into the knight's academy, he knew he was different.

Even during the training to become a knight, he knew he was different.

Even as Zelda's knight, he knew he was different.

When seeing Urbosa taking care of Zelda yet not feeling the need to protect her, he knew he was different.

When seeing Revali and wanting to retort back to his egotistical comments yet he couldn't, he knew he was different.

When Daruk talked to him like a brother yet he couldn't do so in return, he knew he was different.

When he was around Mipha he couldn't express his adoration to her for always being there for him, he knew he was different.

Visiting all the Divine beasts and their ghostly champions to see how he failed each and every one of them, he knew he was different.

Getting Zelda back without her harmed but not being able to love her completely, he knew he was different.

But maybe with the Prince of Zora's domain, he could be different.

-----

The first time he was able to feel something since remembering his past was when he met Sidon. The Prince was something different to Link, but he didn't know how to describe what he felt. It was similar to what he felt towards Mipha, yet it was different. To Link, Mipha felt like a sister he never got to have. For the prince, Link felt something different towards him, distinct from other emotions he felt before.

It was the first time he had ever felt that specific feeling, but once he saw other people in the world displaying similar actions towards others he knew. Link fell in love with the prince, but he has certain that Sidon didn't feel the same way. Even if Sidon did feel the same, it wouldn't last. Link had a duty to save Hyrule and Sidon had to restore the domain after Vah Ruta's torrential downfall of rain.

As time went on, Link had changed. There had once been life within his eyes when he attempted to learn sign language. Link felt something on the way there, something he hadn't felt since Mipha was still around. It lit the same life in his eyes when he was riding towards Zora's Domain. Love and excitement. 

Oh did Link want to chase after it on his chocolate brown horse and never give up the chase. If only his duty to the land of Hyrule wasn't resting on his shoulders. Yet it gave him a sudden burst of energy that twirled around him and he hoped to Hylia that Zelda didn't notice.

On the way towards the domain, the lifeless shell that he put up around the princess quickly melted away. The quiet trotting of their horses' hooves against the ground didn't dull the pierce in his heart by the bladed edge of Link's excitement. It fueled it, as each hoof step brought him closer to the Prince. They couldn't go the full way on horseback, but they can go a certain distance without needing to get off. 

Zelda had decided it would be best for him to wear the tunic that King Dorephan had given to him. Link hadn't dyed it as he thought the King wouldn't approve of it, however Zelda thought otherwise. She thought if he dyed it that it would give flare and show that he wasn't letting it sit around on his desk in Hateno Village.

"Link, we have to dismount up ahead." Link nodded to her, telling Zelda that he heard what she said with a hand signal. Zelda smiled sweetly at him and decided to pick up the pace. Her white horse picked up the pace from the trot they were originally going at a full pace gallop, leaving Link and his brown horse in the dust. Link whipped his reigns, signally his horse to attempt to catch up to Zelda and agile steed of the royal family, Storm.