Part Eleven

Part 11

KOTA:

We ended up helping Sang cook us an amazing taco soup. It was gone in minutes. Then, she and Luke baked strawberry shortcakes for dessert. We all appreciated the distraction, because Gabe had thought it’d be a good idea to dress her in skin tight gray yoga pants, to which she informed us she had nothing on beneath, and another tight top that hugs her curves--curves that seem larger than even this morning. I quickly tug on the collar of my shirt, suddenly warm again. It’s been this way for a while now.

We’re back to playing video games, sprawling over the couches, ottomans, and floor, but this time we’re not doing anything that we have to really pay attention to--just doing melee Super Smash Bros. One eye on the screen, one on Sang Sorenson.

Currently, Silas has commandeered the girl, holding her against his chest, teaching her how to say random things in Greek. He’s seriously pulling out all the stops with her, he knows girls think his accent is sexy.

A few hours ago, when Sang slept up in my bed--no, I wouldn’t be washing those sheets for a while--Mr Blackbourne and the Doc had told us everything. Then, it’d been discovered that we all had intentions to pursue Sang as more than friends. That led to another round of arguments, a lot of cursing, and even some fang flashing from Mr B, which was scary and unheard of--he never loses control.

Eventually, in the interest of keeping our team, and more importantly our family, intact, we’re seeing how things play out. We’ll see who she likes more. Gabe was all smirky and “May the best man win,” but North grumbled about Mr Blackbourne having the unfair advantage of his blood bond. We weren’t happy about that, and he had the good sense to at least act ashamed.  He told us he would try to stay out of the way, but earlier it looked like Sang wasn’t a fan of that. She had sat next to him on the couch, staring up at him with those beautiful green eyes, clearer than my own, and we all had been immediately on edge. I was happy when he left, even though I love him like a brother. We all do.

Sang starts giggling and speaking Greek to North, saying what Silas whispers in her ear, and North actually blushes. North. Blushes.

“What are you telling her to say, Si?” I’m immediately curious.

“Nothing!” Silas and North say together, then grin at each other. They’re so alike, yet so different.

Note to self: Learn Greek.

“Come sit with me, Trouble,” Gabe holds out his arms and opens and closes his fists, like a toddler asking to be picked up.

Sang stands up, then is pulled backwards by Silas, “Nooooooo, aggelle, you can’t leave me!”

Sangs giggling has become one of my favorite sounds in the world. I’ve never seen her so light and carefree. She’s even more beautiful when she’s happy.

“Let her go, you beast!” Luke throws a pillow over and Silas quickly smacks it before it hits him or Sang.

“You could’ve hit her!” he bellows, using it as an excuse to pull her closer to him.

Sang laughs, letting him move her, “Good thing you were here to save me.”

“Damn right. Call me your hero. No--your big hero!” Silas always takes things too far.

Sure enough, North butts in, “Don’t call him anything, baby. He’s a jackass.”

Silas loosens his grip on Sang and she wriggles free, springing to Gabe, who happily encases her in his arms, “Okay, Trouble. We have an agenda to complete.”

“What?” Sang bites her lip, confused.

“Tomorrow we’re going to the mall. I can’t wait to get you a whole new wardrobe. I’ve been dressing these mooks for years, and they’re complete ingrates who don’t appreciate me at all. I can’t believe we have a girl now! It’s going to be amazing. But first, tonight, I’m gonna cut your hair!” Gabriel beams with excitement.