00.07

Y/n's P.O.V.

It wasn't until I heard the firing of guns when I woke up from my nap. I had gotten so tired of being angry that I just collapsed and fell asleep. The noises were coming from the foyer. I peeked around a corner to see a chandelier dropping on Luther.

Seeing a strange woman in a pink mask, I try to stop her but she threw a small knife that I had to dodge letting her get away. I jump over the railing spontaneously but before I could process what had happened, I was sliding down a slope of ice that I had made. It was like snowboarding. Without the board. And snow.

Allison, Vanya, and Diego looked at me with amazement while I looked back at them to assess for any major injuries besides Luther who had a whole ass chandelier on him. But it wasn't much of a problem anymore when he got back up.

We all stared at him instead, taking in the fact that his entire body is the body of a monkey. He looked at each of us before retreating back upstairs and to his room. "Did you know?" Allison and I walk over to Vanya when she asked. Allison shook her head and said no as I agreed with her. I hear Diego mutter about Mom and I run up to see that she's still sitting and working. 'At least she's okay.'

"What happened?" I ask Allison and Vanya. "We just heard the guns but they definitely weren't robbers. They didn't take anything so they must've been looking for someone." Allison explains. My mind goes to Five, the only one of us who isn't here. "I have to go. I'll see you guys later." They try to ask me where I'm going but I'm already out the door, looking for him.

I find the van still in the same spot but no Five. But there was still Delores. I know Five is too attached to her not to leave her. I sit in the passenger seat until Five appears. "Y/n! I have a lead. Let's go." He grabs the bag with Delores and my arm before teleporting us in front of a house.

"Um Five? Who's house is this?" I ask. "The Lance guy." He answers. I look at him. "What? Do you not have anything on him yet?" Five shakes his head as I had not expected. "I do. But I need to catch him at the right time." He explains.

He tells me about the orange packet that the Lance guy hid when he exchanged something with someone in a car that drove by. "Well, we can't exactly stay out here all night. We'll come back around 5 or 6 in the morning." It takes a bit more of persuading but eventually, he agrees. We get back to the academy and get ready for bed.

No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5No.5

Five's P.O.V.

I woke around what must've been 3 or 4 A.M. It was still dark outside and I could see the moonlight shining through the curtains and onto Y/n's face. I look down and just stare in awe at the beauty before me. I remember the first time I realized that I fell in love with her.

They say that when you have a crush on someone for more than 3 months, that means you're in love. I'd say I'm way past that with my 45 year crush and counting. I'm head-over-heels in love with her. No, I love her. It wasn't a childish love, it was that can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars over the fence, World Series type of love.

The type where it really mattered and you would do anything for that person. I look at the clock that read close to 4:30. 'I still have time.' I look down again and feel Y/n snuggle even closer if that's possible. I smile a genuine smile. I know now that nobody will ever be able to make me feel the way Y/n does.

It didn't matter because she had powers or because she was one of the only girls that was within reach but because it was Y/n. I didn't care about her powers or how far she would go to scare Luther even though it was hilarious to watch every time. The Y/n I fell in love with was the ordinary part of her.