00.12

Y/n's P.O.V.

Fucked. If you asked me to describe my life in one single word, of all the words I could choose in the English language, I would choose 'fucked' because that is exactly how I feel right now.

I swear I've just been to hell and back. But I have to admit that taste of the 1950's was kinda worth it. But once Dot came in there was a feeling in my gut that they knew something. Keeping myself entertained for a bit, I wait until Dot is in the tube room and wait by the doorway.

"Gloria, the Handler knows that Y/n is up to something. Get this to Hazel and Cha-Cha immediately." Dot tells Gloria not-so-discreetly in my opinion. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they knew about my plan. But it's not like they know my plan.

Dot walks out oblivious to me and I quickly take out Gloria. I don't have anything against her, it's just that she would simply be getting in the way. I take the tube and reveal the assignment. 'Protect: Harold Jenkins'.

Who the fuck is Harold Jenkins?

Whatever. That's for later. I prioritized the matter at hand and rewrote the assignment. Then an idea came to mind. Killing two birds with one stone, it was perfect. Of course not guaranteed to be successful but I had to keep my hopes up in order to get out of this hell hole. 

I finish typing and put the papers in their respectful tubes. 'Perfect. Now for my escape.' I turn to see The Handler at the entrance of the room and just like that, I'm being held at gunpoint. 'Fuck.' I mean I could use my ice to keep her in place but that isn't exactly gonna keep a bullet in place.

"Time to channel my inner Disney princess." I mumble. "What?" Using the distraction, I stomp my foot letting the ice freeze The Handler in place and dive behind the cart off to the side to dodge the bullet she had fired as I expected.

I get back up and the ice has reach to the top of her shoulders. 'Should hold her for a bit.' I playfully click my tongue and point finger guns at her as I run right past her. I find the briefcase room and grab one before pulling a stolen grenade from The Handler's office and setting it off.

I turn to what should be the present day and the effects hit me as I land on top of the bar. 'Ah. Home sweet home.' I acknowledge everyone in the room, glad that they were still alive. "Y/n!" Just the voice I wanted to hear yet didn't want to hear.

I grunt before gettin off the counter and turn just in time to catch Five's hug. 'Thank God he didn't slap me like I did to him.' Spoke too soon. He soon let go and slapped me gently on my arm. I hiss as pain starts growing. 'Shot.' The familiar feeling of a gunshot wound rises from my memories.

Wow. If I were to say that to anyone else, they'd probably be concerned as no child should know what a gunshot wound feels like. "Y/n! Are you okay?" I nod but Five still looks at me with concern. "Wait what happened? Where have you been?" Everyone starts shouting out and subconsciously, I raise my hand to silence them.

'Wow. Would you look at that? They can listen.' I sigh and pull out the piece of paper I kept safe in my pocket. "I went to The Commission and got this. Apparently we need to find someone named Harold Jenkins. I assume this assignment to protect him was meant for the two people who've been wreaking havoc on us for a while."

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison takes the paper in her hands for everybody else to see. "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Some dude. But I know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we're gonna have to find him somehow."

"Wait, how is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther questions. "I don't know. He may as well be a bad person as much as he could also be a good person. But—" I'm cut off as Diego interrupts me. "Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" He pushes his way through the small crowd consisting of the Hargreeves.