King X Fairy!Reader

In this one we're just gonna act like King's feelings for Diane don't exist. There isn't a specific gender stated. Enjoy!~
~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

   I force myself to fly faster, my wings working harder then ever before. I cannot miss it again.
   I am a fairy that escaped when the demon attacked our forest. Since then I have been searching endlessly for our king. Harlequin... How I've missed him. His short brown hair. His orange eyes. That smile. We were dating before he disappeared, but my love for him has never wavered in the slightest.
   There have been whispers of the Seven Deadly Sins gathering in a traveling tavern: The Boar Hat. I know that Harlequin is a Sin himself, the Sin of Sloth. I just have to find the tavern and I'll be able to see him again. That's all I want. I've waited so long.

   The sun beats down on my (S/C) face as I slow to a stop in the air. There it is. What I've been searching for for so long. The tavern sitting on top of a hill, bearing the name 'Boar Hat'.
   I lower myself to the ground. I swing the heavy black fabric held in my arms over my shoulders. I pull the hood of the cloak over my head, hiding both my wings and my identity.
   I push away any worried thoughts as I walk inside of the Boar Hat. I seat myself at a table in the corner before looking around.
   There are very few customers here, only 3 others. There's a short blonde man working behind the bar, and a blue haired man working as a cook and occasionally popping out of the kitchen to talk with the blonde man. There is a tall, blue haired woman walking towards me in the tavern's uniform.
   "E-Excuse me. Would you like anything to eat or drink?" Her voice is gentle, soothing even. She gazes down at me with her one visable eye and a sense of calm washes over me.
   "Just a glass of water and an apple please," I request before watching her walk away.
   Out of the corner of my eye I see movement at the steps. Before I can stop myself, I look over towards it. There's a familiar small man floating around on his green spotted pillow. Harlequin...
   I freeze. My mouth is slightly agape. I can't breathe. I'm panicking. I've thought of this moment so much. I should be ready. I'm not ready. I have to go before he sees me. I need to leave. I need to breathe. I'm going to pass out. I can't breathe. Where's the door? Is the room closing in? What if he doesn't remember me? Doesn't love me anymore? What am I supposed to say? How am I supposed to act? I can't do this. I have to go.
   I don't realize I'm staring at him. I'm too caught up in my thoughts to realize anything really. That is until a large body stands in front of me, blocking Harlequin from my view.
   I look up, finally blinking and taking a deep breath. The one standing in front of me is the blue haired cook. He is rather intimidating up close. He grabs a fistful of my cloak, pulling me up to his eye level. My chair clatters to the ground and my feet barely graze the floor.
   "Do you have a problem? What're you staring for?" He stares at me with accusing crimson eyes. In my shock I forget that I can fly and just hang there, my hands wrapping around his wrist.
   "N-No. I-I'm sorry, I was just taken aback." My voice is pathetic, stuttering and barely above a whisper. He throws me back down to my feet, realizing that I couldn't do any real harm even if I wanted to.
   The impact knocks my hood off as Harlequin floats higher to look over the man's shoulder. Recognition flashes in his eyes as my (H/L) (H/C) hair floofs out, a mess from both flying and wearing a hood. The fear and anxiety floods back into me, showing in my (E/C) eyes.
   Harlequin flies toward me, pushing the man to the side. He lands on his feet in front of me, looking at me as though I might not actually be there. He holds his hands like he wants nothing more than to hold me, but hesitates.
   "(Y-Y/N), I-" His words are cut off. My cloak flies off of me with the speed that I move. I crash into him, my arms winding around his body. I'm surprised we aren't knocked to the floor with the force. He wastes no time in embracing me.
   My hands grip his clothes like he might disappear and I can't seem to stop the tears that soak his clothing. A weight feels like it's been lifted from my chest. I can finally breathe. He clings onto me as though his life depends on it, his face buried in the crook of my neck. I feel the tears he sheds. It feels like we are the only people in the world at this very moment. I want nothing more than to stay like this forever. We stay like that for what seems like an eternity, our grips never loosening.
   "Never leave me again." The words pass my lips, only for him to hear.

~882 words~