Meliodas X Reader

In this, the reader has Hanahaki Disease. If you don't know what that is I explain it in the story so it's all good. The reader doesn't have a stated gender. Also, this is angst! There is no happy ending! Enjoy~ :)
~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

I lower myself down onto a chair, taking yet another break from waiting tables. In my 2 years of working at the Boar Hat Tavern, I haven't had to take this many breaks before. I've taken 5 breaks and I'm only halfway through my shift.
I huff as I run my hand through my (H/C) hair.
I raise my head as a figure that's grown familiar approaches me.
"Are you alright?" Elizabeth's gentle voice does nothing to soothe the tightness I feel in my chest.
"Yea. I'm gonna go get some fresh air." She nods as I rise and make my way outside, going to the back of the tavern, and sitting on the deck.
This pain in my chest has been around for about a year now, but it has gotten worse and become much more frequent since Elizabeth joined us.
I'm not stupid, I know what the cause of my pain is. It's Meliodas, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath. The short blonde has managed to steal my heart in my time with him. I don't know what it is about him. The cowlicks in his hair that never seem to stay down. The grin that covers his face when he's done something wrong or is in trouble with me or Elizabeth. The way his green eyes shine when he's interested in something. Everything about him is intoxicating, he's like a drug to me. And I'm going through withdrawal.
But Meliodas only has eyes for Elizabeth. I can see it in the way he looks at her. The way he speaks about her. The way he touches her.
Thinking about it causes a burning sensation in the back of my throat.
I know what is affecting me. The elders in my village used to speak of a mysterious disease that only affected a select few. The disease causes flowers to grow and bloom in someone's lungs. The person would cough up and throw up petals as the roots grow deeper into their body. It is caused by one-sided love, unrequited feelings, loving someone but not being loved. If the feelings aren't returned, and the roots are allowed to grow deeper and the flowers bigger, it can prove fatal. Just as it will with me.
The clop of hooves snaps me back into reality as Hawk rounds the corner.
"Heya, (Y/N)! I just came to check on you." He comes to a stop next to me and looks out at the sky as the sun begins to set.
"Have you ever heard of the Hanahaki Disease?" My voice is rough and quiet.
"Yeah, I think so. Isn't that just a fairytale, though? It's fake." He hops off the deck before continuing, "I'm gonna go talk to Mom." He runs off.
"Fake, huh," I mumble, standing and turning to make my way back inside. I only make it a few steps before I look into a window and freeze. There's Meliodas, groping and flirting with Elizabeth. This wouldn't usually hurt me too badly, if not for the look in his eyes. He looked at her as if she were the sun in the sky, the most important thing in his life. He gazed at her with so much love it'd make anyone's heart swell. But not mine.
Instead, my throat closes and my chest burns. Tears are pouring down my face. I can't seem to breathe right. I turn away and stumble around as a mind-numbing pain blurs my vision. A yelp tears through my throat as I lose my footing and fall onto my knees on Momma Hawk's back. I try to hold back a cough as my lungs constrict. Tears blur my vision as I curl my body around itself. I've coughed up petals before, but this is on a whole different level.
Coughs wrack my body as my hands claw at my throat. The itching in my throat doesn't calm as I gasp for air.  Black begins to seep into my vision as my nails tear into the skin of my neck.  I can feel the petals begin to dislodge as blood splatters the ground in front of me. 
With a few more coughs countless numbers of petals explode from my mouth.  A couple more coughs drench my lips and chin with blood. 
I fall onto my side in a puddle of spit, blood, and petals.  I gasp and sob as my lungs fill as best as they can.  Black leaves my vision.  I roll onto my back.  My chest heaves.  I have no more tears to shed despite the pain coursing through my body. 
I raise one of my hands weakly to examine it.  Red stains my (S/C) skin.  The smell of copper fills my senses.  Copper taints my tastebuds.  My hand falls back to my side as I no longer have the energy to move. 
The stars have started to come out and the air has begun to chill.  As I gaze at the stars, footsteps approach me.  My (E/C) eyes glance to the side and reveal that its Meliodas. 
"I-" I start, but all that comes out is a croak.  I cough, a petal falling from my mouth.  "It's so pretty."  It sounds and feels like I've been gargling rocks.  My eyes leave the sky and turn to Meliodas as he stops at my side.
"(Y/N), wha-what happened?" He doesn't sound like himself.  He's quieter, sadder.
"I'm dying."
I turn my gaze back to the night sky.  It's beautiful.  Meliodas kneels next to me and tries to pick me up.
"Please, please, stop."  His skin touching mine brings about another coughing fit, though not as bad as the last one.  He lets go of me and steps away, confused and worried.
My body feels so heavy.  It's getting harder to breathe.  I can barely even keep my eyes open.
"Just let me look at the sky one last time." I'm so tired. 
"Hey, you'll be fine (Y/N).  We'll get you fixed up. Let me, let me go get Elizabeth."  I cough out a laugh as he runs off.
The stars are the last thing I see before I drift off.

~1,075 words~