Chapter 9

I with Houston and San marched towards the boat. Soon we reached the boat. Houston and San try to start it. I removed my jacket and katanas keeping it aside, I sat in one corner of the boat, I started to think for a while and took a look at San and Houston, they were busy turning on the boat's engine. Then we hear another explosion, I quietly climbed out of the boat and ran towards the explosion site.

I ran stepping on stones and jumping over the puddles, I climbed a small mountain and I saw a burning lake on the other side with Kong almost lying dead near the lake's bank. I slowly climbed down and stayed hidden in the trees. Then I saw Colonel Packard with a detonator in his hand and James, Hank and Mason telling him to stop.

"Let go Colonel, put the detonator down." I saw Silviko say. Packard didn't listen to him either and was about to press the detonator. I ran out of the trees and towards him, I jumped and kicked his hand in which the detonator was it fell out of his hand and in the water, I spin and wrapped my right leg around his neck about to choke. He reached out his hand and grabbed my hair and pulled me down throwing me on the ground. I lay on the ground on my back, he removed his knife and about to stab me but I blocked it with my hands.

"I thought you got scared?" He said.

"I am a Commando and I never fear." I said. Then we hear heavy breathing, I looked at my right and saw Kong looking angrily at us but still laying on Tue ground. Packard pulled himself a little back, I took the chance and slowly crawled away from him, then suddenly a skull crawler appeared out of water behind Kong. He got up, removed all his chains and roared.
James helped me up then turned to Packard.

"Sir we have to get out of here." He said but Packard didn't respond.

"Sir please, Packard come on." He tried to get him out of there. I grabbed James' arm and pulled him away. He turned to me and we both started running. I took a last look at Packard and saw Kong crushed him like an ant with his hand.

We ran till we were away from that fight. Then he suddenly stopped.

"What happened?" I asked

"San and Houston will leave now. Its nearly dawn. I want someone to go up there and fire a flare." He said pointing towards the mountain.

"I'll go." Mason said. I nodded at him and James handed her the flare gun with two shots and she left. Then he turned to me again.

"I sent you away. Why did you came back?" He asked me angrily.

"I can't let him kill Kong and I can't lose you. I lost enough but I just can't lose you." I said.

Then again Kong roared. We looked up and saw that he was still fighting the skull crawler. He grabbed it by his neck. Then I saw Mason fired a flare up in the sky.

"Captain." We hear San shout.
We looked at the lake and saw San and Houston in the lake with the boat. I looked around and saw a curved branch on the ground. I picked it up and we boarded the boat. I took out my stretchable string and started to tie it at Tue ends of the branch.

"What are you doing?" James asked.

"Watch me." I simply replied as I finished tying it strongly and stretched, it was string. I looked up and saw Mason fire the another flare at the crawler but missed. I removed my katana, placed it on the bow and aimed for the crawler's eye.

"Are you sure about this?" Hank asked as Kong was losing.

"Yep." I said and I got a clear shot of the crawler's eye and I released my katana, it flew and stuck in crawler's eye. It cry out in pain, Kong stood up grabbed the crawler by it's neck and slammed it into a mountain on which Mason was, she lost her balance and fell into the water.

"No Mason!" I shouted. I was about to jump in water but James held back.

"Let me go, she will die." I said.

"No look." He said and I looked at the lake. Kong put his hand in water and brought Mason up. She was unconscious. Suddenly the crawler wrapped his tongue around Kong's hand in which Mason was. He immediately but securely closed his fist around her. The crawler pulled his hand into his mouth but Kong grabbed his tongue with his free hand and ripped it out with other internal organs if the crawler, it fell in the lake dead.

Kong walked up to the side of the lake and carefully placed mason in the ground. I and James jumped in the shallow water and ran up to Mason. She was still unconscious. I kneeled down beside her and checked her pulse.

"Her pulse is weak." I said.

"We need to perform CPR. Ready with your fist?" He said and I got ready with my fist.

Suddenly she coughed up water and opened her eyes.

"Thank God you are alive." I said as I hug her as she sat up.

"I am fine." She said. We hear Kong roar again, I turn to look at Kong he stood there watching us. Then we hear choppers. I looked up and there came the refueling team. I smiled and took a last look at Kong. He looked angrily at the choppers then left seeing it was no threat.

One chopper landed at the shore of the lake, James and I stood up and helped Mason. We all climbed in, Hank sat alone staring at his wife's photo. San and Houston sat together, Silvoko sat with his remaining army friends. I sat beside James and Mason.

I placed my head on his shoulder and entwined my hand in his.

"So ready to go back home?" I asked.

"I am not sure." He replied.

"Don't worry your family must have missed you." I said.

"Yea probably." He said. I smiled and kissed his cheek, I saw small smile playing on his lips and he blushed.

A/n: Yea James have a family back at Britain. I added so he won't be alone. Its just fictional. And thanks for so many reads and comments. And yep its not the last chapter last two chapters are coming up.
I have planned for a sequel for this story. So please comment if I should write a sequel. Please comment "Yes to sequel" or "No to sequel." I will be waiting patiently for your comments. Its a contest okay.

Love you all my readers.