6 - Twenty Questions

Since the whole town is still in the black out, Dad thought it was his job to bring his megaphone to school. Not only has he been using this to his advantage to sneak up on random students and talk in their ear, scaring the crap out of them, but he has been talking to everyone he can with it. He is way past being annoying. The worst thing of all, he has been sharing little facts about me to get back at me for helping with the pranks on his birthday. In a way, I do deserve this, I will admit that. I just wish he wouldn't share with the whole school about how when I was five, I stripped down to my underwear in a grocery store. 

        I turn down a hallway to see my dad walking down in. I groan to myself, wishing I hadn't had to come down here. Unfortunately, my locker is down here and I can't avoid this. 

        "Oh, Arden, welcome!" Dad speaks through the megaphone once he sees me. "Hey, everybody, did you know that when she was visiting me two years ago, she accidentally when to the wrong house and was screamed at by an eighty year old woman." 

        A few people laugh. My shoulders slump. Great. Just what I needed. 

        "And just so you know, class starts in five minutes. Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school." Dad announces, beaming at him. 

        I stop walking, glaring at the back of his head. I have to get him back for this. 

        "That was a triple negative. Very impressive, Coach." Stiles says from his locker.

        My head whips in the direction his voice came from. Double crap. I have to pass Stiles to get to my locker. There's no way he won't see me. 

        "Copy that." Dad replies to him. "See you later, Arden."

        At that, Stiles whirls around, knocking a set of keys out of his locker. "Arden, hey!"

        I grimace. I have been caught. I make a move to walk in the opposite direction.

        "Hey, don't do that!" He points a warning finger in my direction. "Come here a second."

        Frowning to myself, I walk over to him. He bends down to pick up the set of keys he dropped. A look of confusion flashes on his face. Stiles tucks the keys away in his pocket then smiles up at me. 

        "Have you been avoiding me?" 

        I press my lips together. "Mm. Define avoiding."

        His left eye squints a little. "I'm pretty sure there's only one way to define it."

        "Really? 'Cause I think my defintion is different." I reply. 

        Okay, so I have been avoiding Stiles. I have a good reason to do so, though. Stiles is friends with Scott. Scott who is the werewolf, yet he also kind of tried to save my life. I have mixed feelings on that kid. Stiles, on the other hand, felt my hands when I was in the middle of losing control. There is no doubt that he has a bunch of questions to ask me. I don't want to answer them. To be fair, he isn't the only person I am avoiding. I haven't seen Kira all morning. Either I'm avoiding her or she's avoiding me. I'm honestly not quite sure which one it is.    

            Stiles gives me a look. 

        I throw my hands up. "Okay, fine. I may have been avoiding you a little bit."

        He shuts his locker. "Why?"

        "Because I'm bored and I thought it would be fun." I reply with a little too much sarcasm.