12 - Protection

If my dad had any idea of everything I have gotten myself into since I've moved here, he would probably have a heart attack. I've been in fights, becomes friends with the supernatural, crushing on a guy that is a Nogistune, and broken the law one too many times. Every time I leave the house, I have to lie and say I'm going to hang out with Kira. Okay, that's not a complete lie most of the time. Lately, Kira has been joining us when we go do something. 

        Dad believed me when I said I was going to hang out with Allison today. That was not a lie. I will be seeing Allison today. He honestly just seemed happy that I had friends. He's still healing and when I try to help him out with little things, he goes into this rant about how he is a grown man and can do these things himself. He's like a teenage girl, who is pmsing. 

        Allison had called me when she needed my help with something. Kira was off with Scott to get more knowledge from her mom. That left me all alone. So, I borrowed my dad's car, knowing he can't go anywhere, and drove to her apartment. I just didn't expect to see Derek here. 

        "This is everything non-lethal I could find." Allison storms back in the office with Derek, her dad, Mr. Stilinski, and me following her. 

        On the desk, there is an assortment of non-lethal weapons and ropes. I stand around the desk. The five of us are planning on finding Stiles. How? I'm not completely sure yet. 

        Mr. Argent looks at everything. "Take all of it."

        Mr. Stilinski, dressed in his sheriff's uniform, blows air out of his mouth. "What's the plan here?"

       Mr. Argent starts to grab things off of the table and tucking them in his jacket. "Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles' scent at the Eichen House, especially if he went through something stressful there."

       "Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

        "Where else has Stiles been showing up?"

        I look at all of them. "School and the hospital."

       Derek holds a hand up. "Okay, hold on. We did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him, then walked right into a trap at the hospital."

        "He's getting us to repeat the same moves." I realize. 

        Allison frowns. "So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?"

        Derek shakes his head, leaning against the desk, his hand a few inches away from mine. "We can't. Not if the oni find him when the sun goes down." 

        "Scott's working on them right now with Kira." I inform them. I glance at how close Derek's hand is to mine. 

        "That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox." Mr. Argent states.

        I shake my head. "You can't do that. Foxes are too smart." Derek glances down at me. "They are tricksters. Believe me, I know."

        "Listen, I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." Mr. Stilinski sighs. I feel bad for him. I just want to hug him and tell him that Stiles is going to be okay. We're going to help him.

        Everyone thinks about it for a second, except for me. I meant it before when I told Scott I was in this. I'm not backing out for anything. I believe Stiles is still in there. I'm not giving up on him. I cross my arms over my chest and nod to Mr. Stilinski. That's my way of saying I'm in. He smiles, gratefully. 

        Derek reaches for the taser gun. "I won't be the first wolf to run from a fox." He partially smiles at me. 

        Mr. Argent holds up some kind of weapon. "Apparently, I'm carrying the lightsaber."