Day 13

Haley's POV

Haley's POV

I glanced down at the giant rock on my ring finger and smiled.

Me and Shawn got married just a month ago and it still seems surreal. We got married at a outdoor venue in Canada, and the wedding had a lot of people! Shawn and I both invited all of our relatives and close friends to share the special moment with us.

Shortly after Shawn proposed he asked me to move in with him, to which I happily said yes. So now we live together in his apartment, because we are also currently looking for a house that we feel we can live in forever.

Shawn is currently on a 2 year break from music to focus on "family time". Even though he stopped producing music for the years he still continuously writes songs.

I am now working from home instead of at Shawn's recording studio, and Shawn could not be happier. He loves that I'm able to stay home with him and see him 24/7.

As I was finishing cleaning the dishes a sudden surge of pain went through my stomach.

I'm currently on day 13 of my period and it feels like that just keep getting longer and worse. I decided to make a doctors appointment to see why my periods are suddenly so long and so excruciatingly painful.

I set down the now clean dish on the table and went to go sit down on the couch and soothe my cramp. Before sitting down I grabbed my heating pad that was laying on dinning room table, because that usually helps a little bit.

So I sat down on the couch with my heating pad on the highest setting and turned on a horror movies so maybe I'll get my mind off of the fact that my stomach feels like it's trying to disintegrate from the inside.

I went into Netflix and put on the movie Us and watched as it showed a little girl at a fair.

As the movie was going I got a text from my phone so I leaned over to the table besides the couch and grabbed my phone.

Shawnie: I'm just leaving the gym, what do you want to eat?

The image of Shawn sweating with veins popping out of his arm popped into my head and I suddenly wanted him home faster then ever.

Haley: Thai food please!!

Shawnie: I'll pick it up, text me if you need anything from any where else.

I sent Shawn a thank you with a heart and he responded with a heart emoji.

Ever since we became married Shawn has become very affectionate and clingy. Not that I mind though, always having Shawn by my side and always wanting to cuddle with me really makes my long ass periods better.

"I'm home!" I heard Shawn say, followed by the sound of the door shutting.

I quickly turned my heating pad off and put it on the side of the couch. Then I paused the movie.

Despite the pain of my cramps I ran to Shawn and embraced him in a very tight, and sweaty, hug.

"It feels like you just took a shower!" I said unraveling my arms from his waist and looking at the once white shirt that is now almost see through.

"I go hard at the gym babe." He said chuckling a little bit.

Then Shawn set a brown paper bag down on the table with a water bottle.

"Here's your Thai food. I'm gonna go take a shower so I don't smell like a high-school boys locker room" he said walking to our bedroom.

I chuckled at his analogy and got out our food from the bag. I see a box and a cup, so I grab the box and put it in front of me and put the cup across from me in the spot where Shawn sits.

I decided to wait to eat with Shawn, because while we eat I love to talk to him about how his day went and things that are coming up in our lives.

While waiting for Shawn to finish showering I resumed my movie and watched it as I heard the water running.

After about 10 minutes I hear the water turn off so I paused the movie and went on my phone and checked some of my emails while I waited for Shawn.

As I was going through email I heard someone walking so I turned around and saw a shirtless Shawn only wearing some basketball type shorts.

He walked over and gave me a kiss on the head.

"Why haven't you ate yet?" He questioned as he went to the opposite side of the table and sat down where his food was.

"I like to talk to you while we eat" I said smiling.

"Well I love to talk and eat with you too" He said while taking He kid off of his food.

"So how's song writing coming" I said grabbing a plastic fork from the brown bag and opening up my food.

"It's going pretty good. I just finished one last night." He said then eating a spoon full of his food.

"That's good!" I say nodding my head.

"Yeah, so do you have anything coming up?" He says looking at me.

"Uh yeah actually, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow." I said vaguely.

"Oh? What for?" He questions.

"Just a check up" I said. It wasn't a complete lie, I haven't got a check up in what feels like forever so while they check me up I'm gonna tell them about my period problem.

"Oh ok, that's good I guess." He said looking down at his food now.

"Yeah"

"Do you have anything coming up?" I said.

"I'm going to meet up with Brian tomorrow for lunch"

"That should be fun for you." I said happy that Shawn gets to see his friends again. He hasn't seen them since the bachelors party which was a couple months ago.

"Yeah I haven't seen him in awhile." He said looking into my eyes.

There was a nice silence between us as we stopped eating for a second and just stared at each other in a loving way.

"I love you Shawn Mendes"

"I love you Haley Mendes"