Chapter NINE

Just a little reminder, this is purely a creation of my imagination and I intend no harm in my writings. Even the name of the country--Lexumbia--is unreal. The story is not based on any royal family or any issues

A lot of cameras are waiting for us. Not a big deal of course, Lexumbia is a small country and the royals are really known and looked up to. The strange thing there is they are many today.

Did they miss us?

Or is something happening?

Jeanne held me tighter and whispered. "Whatever they say don't answer them." And I guess my intuition wasn't wrong, something is happening.

My heart pounded as we walk near them. Is it about us? Did they discover anything about me? I was being paranoid.

We've gotten near them just enough to hear what they are saying, and it surprised me.

How did it happen? Why did it happen? When did it happen?

That was the questions that were formed in my head but most of all I thought "How will it change anything? How was they?"

Jeanne told me not to answer but I was shaking because of the news. No, this ain't true.

Jeanne held me on the shoulder, he knew I was new into this. He was holding me as if he was protecting me. As if someone's gonna harm me.

Again, for the nth time, I asked myself. "Is this really happening?"

We saw the press from afar and automatically the guards surrounded us, and they were a lot now, securing our safety.

"Prince Jeanne do you know that your brother has a sex scandal?" One said.

"What do you say about the scandal?" The other asked.

"Do you have any too?" Another asked.

"What did your family say about this?" And the other said.

"Any comments about it?" Coming from another.

"Do you feel happy about the scandal? For sure the throne will be yours" and that was too much. I turned and almost answered but Jeanne stopped me. How dare them ask that? In this situation? They think we'll think about ourselves and that throne than the family?

"No Kathy, don't" he said. I looked at him, nodded then rest my head on his shoulder.

We walked in silence towards the car, the guards still around us and the moment we've been inside the car started moving.

Jeanne looked at me and checked me out. "Are you okay?" He softly asked.

I nodded. "Just a bit shaken I guess" he kissed my forehead and said. "Sorry baby, you have to face this much"

I looked at him. "For better or for worse right? I can handle this Jeanne." I breathed. "But..." I said, seeking for the right words.

"Is it...is it true?"

He closed his eyes. "I think it is."

"How come we didn't know ahead of time?"

"I think this just leaked this morning. They should have told us ahead of time if they knew." he said then his phone rings.

"Hello?" He said. "Yes mom we're okay" he looked at me. "She's fine she's beside me"

"Yeah I heard about it. Okay mom"

"Let's go at the Palace" he told the chauffeur.

"Are they okay? How is Grace?" I asked.

"I do not know yet. I heard dad and granny's voice but haven't heard Greg's and Tasha's"