CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Last update this year! (That depends if you will asks for another ;D )

I posted Vince Spencer's story entitled Captivating the Uncrowned Prince

Happy Reading!

XOXO!

-Camilla Eldridge

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Jeanne was getting clingier now because of what I said. I told him that it was a "hypothetical question", and that it will not happen. It's just this minute that he let me out of his sight. I told him to take a shower and he has to get ready to be tucked in in bed. I laughed at the thought.

He was still inside our bathroom when his phone rang—it was dad. I answered it right away, not really bothered that I did not told Jeanne about it.

"Hello dad?" I said, he did not speak right away. "K-kathy." he mutter.

"Yes it's me dad. Jeanne's inside the bathroom. Do you need anything? I'll give him the phone—"

"No!" he exclaimed. "No need for that. I just want to tell him that you should go here tomorrow. Everyone will be here in the Palace. Let's celebrate New Year together, as a family" I smiled. After so many years, it will again be a happy family for Jeanne and his family, our family.

"Of course we will be there dad. Jeanne will be ecstatic" Dad just sighed. "Thank you for everything Kathy. You've been so kind to me. You were the reason why Jeanne and I became fine and I'm sorry..."

I frowned, "You did not do anything to me daddy. You have nothing to apologize" I said. "I am happy that finally Jeanne let you in. It was his decision dad"

"I hope someday you will be able to forgive me Kathy. Please ask Jeanne to come celebrate with us. Good night"

"Good night too daddy" I said and hung up.

Jeanne just got out from the shower, he was wearing his usual white fitted shirt and pajamas. He smirk boyishly at me as he dry his hair. "Possessive wife eh? Checking on your husband's phone huh" I rolled my eyes in reply.

"Excuse me! I'm not that type of woman." I said. "Dad just called and I—" he suddenly grabbed his phone. "What? Did you answer it" there was something different from his voice.

I frowned curiously, "Yeah. I did."

"Did he say something?!" he was frustrated. I smell something fishy. He's not telling me something.

"He just told me that we should come over and celebrate the New Year with them."

"No" he abruptly said and sit on the edge of the bed, the towel still on his broad shoulders. I put the towel away and sat beside him. I cupped his face and forced him to look at me, "Are you two fighting again?" I asked softly.

He tried to turn away but I didn't let him, "Answer me Jeanne. Is this why you get drunk? Is this about the throne still?" I was speaking softly. He needs someone to talk to. I know, I might have accused him last night.

He paused a little, like he was thinking of what to say, "Yes, It's just about the throne" he said, "Right. About the throne."

I did not remove my hands on his cheeks, I just looked at him, and "I will support you to that throne baby. You will be a great king someday" I encouraged.

I remove my hand on his face and put it in my tummy, "Who knows? Maybe we'll be able to have a mini Jeanne inside me after some years" I was hopeful. I was really hopeful.