CHAPTER FIVE

"What is going on?" Frank asked as he stepped next to his sister who was leaning on a tree with a blank face

"What is going on?" Frank asked as he stepped next to his sister who was leaning on a tree with a blank face. Across from her was Sirius and James who were currently in the black lake," What does it look like?" She said looking at her brother who rolled his eyes

"Tabs, I meant why are you here with them? Not that I'm saying you shouldn't—but—Okay seriously why are you out here and not—"

"In the library being boring?" She spoke up making him frown," Tabs I didn't mean—"

"I know Frank" She snickered looking at her brother," Well to answer your question" She nudged her head," Those two over there are fetching some Murtlap essence for me"

"What?" He blinked at her words," My baby sister has two of the Marauders doing her biddings?" He then grinned lifting her off the ground.

"It's not like that—wait" Tabitha paled as she saw where her brother was walking," Franklin, I will really hex you if you—"

The sound of Tabitha's shriek and Franks laugh had caught Sirius and James' attention. They both laughed loudly as they watched Frank jumping in the water with his sister.

When she resurfaced from the water, she saw that her brother had already swum far away"," Frank!!! You arse!!"

"I love you too Tabs! James, she is in your hands now!!" Frank winked as he and Sirius swam away from them.

James was already next to her as she mumbled curses," Hey nice of you to join us"

"This was not what Lupin and I agreed upon" She turned to face him and froze realizing how close their faces were. She moved back quickly making him pout," That hurts Tabitha"

"You and Black set this up didn't you" She huffed going back to the subject, and to save her from completely turning red which slightly showed making James grin," Well—Remus didn't technically lie"

"Right, so we really do need Murtlap for our next potions class" Tabitha responded sarcastically

"Oh, well—That wasn't fully a lie—" She frowned at his slow response," I mean we'll need it eventually"

"So, you dragged me out of the library," She started as he nodded," just so you can get me in the water?" She asked tilting her head making him snort.

"I'm just keeping my promise from that night" Tabitha would have frozen in place, but since she was currently in the water, she just stared at him," What?"

"This and among many other things, that will come within a time" He added just grinning cheekily at her

"James, I don't even remember a single thing from that night," Tabitha remarked

James splashed water to her face laughing as he spoke," Don't worry about that—So are you going to just get out of the water? Or are you going to have some fun?"

"Is the first one even an option?" She asked and he shook his head," Nope"

She tried to fight a smile, but somehow his own smile was contagious making her mirror his own.

"So, Tabitha Longbottom, shall I James Potter, show you how to have fun?" He lifted his hand reached over to her, as she eyed it for a moment.

"Alright James Potter, show me how it is that you have fun" She mocked as she reached for his hand.