Bellamy Blake • Unity Day

All rights reserved to the100imaginesblog on Tumblr

Bellamy x reader

genre: fluff

Summary: Y/N has been drinking a lot of Moonshine to celebrate Unity Day and decides to join Bellamy by the fire.

You let your body fall backwards into the empty space on the ground next to where Bellamy sat, his back leaning up against a large log. 

"Easy there tiger." he chuckled, hearing a small grunt escape your lips from the impact of your back hitting the log at the same time as your butt hitting the hard dirt ground. You glanced at him and flashed a small smile, the grin being returned on his face. You could feel his warmth radiating from his skin onto yours, the bonfire several yards in front of you not even comparing to the heat from his direction.

"How's your Unity Day been?" you asked, giggling a bit. Some people loved Unity Day, hell it was a day to get drunk and party with no one judging or asking why. However to others it was the worst day out of the entire year. 
The Ark had been a savior for some people and a cage for others. While Unity Day celebrated the 12 nations coming together into the space station, it also mourned the end of freedom, the end of looking up and seeing blue sky and smelling flowers blooming. It marked the end of being able to run through the woods or feeling the breeze blow through your hair.
Although back down on Earth now, Unity Day had always had a bitter taste in your mouth, and you knew the same was for Bellamy.
"Dandy." he responded sarcastically, resting his elbows behind him on the log. You looked at him, soaking in the way his face looked with the orange highlights and dark shadows from the bonfire that drunk delinquents were now dancing around wildly.
You had known Bellamy since the two of you were fairly young but you never considered yourselves friends. At least not until you reached the ground. It was as if the moment the drop ship touched down, everything changed. Suddenly you noticed him and it seemed like he suddenly noticed you as well. 
"How's your day been?" he asked, breaking you out of your fixed gaze. Your eyes snapped down to the ground in front of your legs right before his eyes fell on you, soaking in all your facial features unknowingly to you as well.
"Can't complain." you smiled, your eyes staying fixed on the ground in front of you at fear of looking back up at him and meeting his eyes. "I worked with Jasper and Monty on a couple of the electronics in the drop ship, seeing if we can get them working again." you explained in a casual voice, knowing how Bellamy felt about anything that could possibly send a signal to The Ark of 'we're still here and kicking'. 
"Oh great." he chuckled light heartedly, trying not to bring down the mood by mentioning his already voiced thoughts about the little project. "So you've been spending a lot of time with Jasper and Monty, either of them have a thing for you?" he asked bluntly, the smile on his face noticeably diminishing slightly as he awaited an answer. You looked up at him for a moment before a smile coming to your own face, your eyes falling on the bonfire now. 
"God I hope not." you laughed.
"What, not your type?"
"More just not my thing." you responded, watching as the shadowed silhouettes bounced up and down out of beat with the sloppily played music. "Just avoid love at all cost. That's my motto." you said, your voice fading slightly at the end. 
"I think that's a stupid motto." Bellamy spoke suddenly, causing your eyes to snap back to him, a small smirk on his face as he looked down at his twiddling thumbs.
"Well good thing it's not yours then." you responded, unsure of the tone of voice to use.
"What if you can't help but fall in love with someone? What if just one day it hits you that this amazing and person has been right next to you this entire time?" Bellamy said in a low voice, his eyes still not moving from his moving fingers. "What if you didn't even realize that you loved them until you were sent down to Earth with them and now they're sitting right next to you?" 
As the words escaped his lips his eyes came up finally to meet yours. 
"Would you avoid it then?" he asked, looking at you, observing the twinkle in your eyes and the small smile as it slowly crept onto your face. 
It was as if your body took complete control of you, your mind still going over everything he had just said as you leaned in, the space in between your faces diminishing until it was nothing. 
You felt the softness of his lips on yours, the gentle touch sending shivers down your spine. Finally.