Chapter 4: It's a new day, a new job, new life and new me. I think.

"Before you say anything, you should realise that I only want what's best for us and that I  thought about all our other options and decided that this is the best one."

"...... Really? Is it though?"

"Come on Juan. What are our other options. You hide me forever from this Theodore guy you like, that was if S.H.I.E.L.D did not catch me. If it did, then we would have to be on the run and then when they catch up again we shift from safe house to safe house till we either run out of supplies, run out of money, get killed, get arrested or we grow a hundred years old and inevitably, die,"I tried to reason with my best friend.

"....His name is Travis," Juan said pathetically.

I rolled my eyes and grinned,"That was such a pathetic rebuttal that even you know it was pathetic."

He groaned and said,"Fine. But you're gonna let me set you up."

"Whatever. Just go pack, Barton and Romanoff are waiting outside."

==================================================

I stepped inside the building and took a deep breath.

You can do this Charlie.

Doing good is good.

Being good is good.

You are good at being good.

Yeah right.

"You can do this. I mean, it's just a job. You are an assassin, this is nothing."

Unfortunately, that inspiring shit wasn't my mind talking.

To say that I was surprised to see Natasha Romanoff standing next to me and encouraging me, would be an understatement.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would hate me," I murmured the last part.

"I don't hate you. I actually admire you."

"What?! Why would you admire me."

"Cause, in a way, I understand why you do what you do."

"Did what I did,"I corrected.

"No actually. Here you are gonna be taking down the bad guys. Just in a different way......Also the fact that I heard you apologise to me after you knocked me out might be a contributing factor,"She said.

"How did you hear that??"I said as my eyes widened.

"Dude, come on! I'm an assassin. Trained by the KGB and S.H.I.E.L.D. Do you honestly think a little hit on my head is gonna knock me out."

"Sorry for that by the way and........If you don't mind, can we be friends?" I asked sheepishly.

She smirked at me,"I thought we already were."

I smiled at her.

"Come on. Let me introduce you to the others."

"Wait. What about Juan."

"Don't worry. Clint took him to the tech division. He'll fit right in."

"I know. It's just that we have worked together for most of our lives."

"That's alright. I doubt Fury would want to separate you both on missions."

"Thanks Nat."

"That's alright Lottie."

"Please don't call me that. It makes me sound like a girl," I groaned.

"And that's bad because.....?"