Never Gone

Kenzie's POV:

The room was empty now besides Riley and me. Mr. and Mrs. McDonough left to go get something for Toby from the cafeteria. And I'm honestly not sure where Connor went. He just left.  Once Connor left the room, I walked over and sat beside Riley. I held his hand in mine and stroked it with my thumb gently. I saw some movement before he slowly began opening his eyes.

"Riley!" I practically cried out.

He looked around in confusion. He used one hand and placed it over the cast on his arm.

"Be careful..." I whispered to him.

"Why are you here?" He asked somewhat bitter.

"I'm here for you..." I trailed off.

"But why? You broke up with me like 3 hours ago."

“Riley, I didn't want to. Okay? I would never want to."

"But you still did." He scoffed and then looked away from me.

“Riley, it wasn't..." He cut me off.

"Just go. Please"

I got up from the seat and put it back in the corner. I walked towards the door and looked back at Riley, who still wasn’t looking at me. I shut the door behind me and began walking down the hall with tears filling my eyes once again. I wiped my eyes as I walked until I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly as I continued to walk without looking at the person.

"Kenzie! What's wrong?" I looked up to see that the person I bumped into was Connor.

"Tell your parents thanks for the offer but I'm not going to be staying with you..."

"Wait why?!" Connor asked confused.

“Riley, he's awake. He didn't want me there in the room so there is no way he'd want me to stay at your house."

"What?!" He asked in disbelief.

"You heard me, tell your parents thanks for the offer though. I'm just going to leave before I make things worse. I'm sorry for all of this."

"Please, don't go." Connor begged.

"Connor, he doesn't want me here." I sighed.

"Toby!" Connor yelled as Toby began walking up the hall.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Stay here with Kenzie please and make sure she doesn't leave." Connor instructed as he walked towards Riley's room.