jin

20:13

the time read when namjoon checked it for the hundredth time, getting fidgety every minute closer to when jin left.
bangtan was at the airport, with long faces and heavy hearts. they're eldest brother was leaving them for the military.

"hey don't look so depressed guys, look on the bright side, bang sihyuk won't scold you for anything because of me anymore!" jin exclaimed a little too brightly as mutterings were heard from his dongsaeng.

"oh come on, 2 years isn't that long, look at us, we've been here for so long"
namjoon glanced at jin who was nervously smiling.
he was anxious
he wasn't ready for this
leaving his brothers, his family,
but nothing could be done.

jin had tousled hair, bitten lips, and black rings under his eyes, yet he was still the most beautiful being namjoon had ever seen.
and he wasn't going to see him for 2 years.
he wanted to cry

"hyung" namjoon said softly reaching out for jins hand.
jin looked at namjoon,
"what joon"
he hadn't meant it to come out as harsh as it did, and namjoon knew that.
he took both jins hands and pulled him into an embrace.
wrapping his arms around jin and stroking his hair with his head in the crook of namjoon's neck. that did it.
jin had broken.

"y-you guys are making it all w-worse" jin sobbed while being held by namjoon.
"i'm sad too but i don't want you guys to be like this. and i don't want to leave with all of your sad faces" he got out, softly crying into namjoons chest.

"we're sorry baby, but we'll miss you" namjoon muttered sadly as tears started running down his face.
jin let go of namjoon and took hold of his face in both his hands.

"and i'll miss you guys too. i'll miss you so goddamn much you have no idea, but you have to keep up everything, and be happy, don't feel guilty just because i'm not here, be happy for me" jin said addressing the boys, while caressing namjoons face and wiping his tears with his thumbs.

"ok? you better listen to me, this is the last request i'm making, you have to." jin said letting go of namjoon and looking around at the dull faces looking at him.

"promise to write" jungkook croaked.
although jin and jungkook were always fighting, it was a love and hate relationship the two had, but they loved eachother like brothers. jungkook was horribly upset at this whole situation and jin could see the pain in his eyes. his heart softened

"of course jungkookie, come here"
jin opened his arms and gestured for jungkook to come to him.
jungkook took a few steps and hugged jin trying not to cry and to be the strong man his hyungs always said he was, but he couldn't. he started crying with his head on jins shoulder. jin was soothing him, stroking his back and hair while shushing the younger.

"be strong jungkookie, and don't bully your hyungs. except yoongi, get him good for me. oh and jimin took my cookies that day, get him too" jungkook chuckled through his tears.
"ok hyung i will" he said
"good boy" jin said softly kissing his forehead and letting go

"you shouldn't let him mess with me, i'll just give up." yoongi said lamely. he had his normal expression on, but you could see his eyes glistening.
he hated this more than jin himself.
he walked over to jin with open arms as jin looked at him in question.

"what? am i not worthy of a hug?"
he said. jin rolled his eyes half heartedly and hugged him tightly.

"you are the best roommate, and the softest dongsaeng" jin muttered
"shut up" yoongi said, clearly touched and upset.
"don't stop fighting" jin said letting go with a sad smile
"you too hyung" yoongi smiled softly

"hyung please write every week, and send me your recipe of that chicken you made that day, and don't forget to make friends, oh and d-"
jimin was cut off with a hug from jin who was rocking with the hug. jimin sighed and hugged him back.
"i won't chim, i won't" jin muttered, still rocking back and forth.

"hey w-what about m-me" hoseok said through tears. jin chuckled and made his way to him and engulfed him into a bear hug
"be happy hobi, don't be sad"
"okay h-hyung" he hiccuped

namjoon getting more anxious with every passing goodbye, checked the time again.

20:18

"HYUNG"
"yes yes, i know"

namjoon looked over at the noise, taehyung was hugging jin and was trying hard not to cry, jin kissed his forehead like he did for jungkook and let go.

he got his suitcase and held it while he waited to go in.
"guys i love you, so much. and if anyone gives you trouble please call me, and tell me e-verything." jin said as tears formed and ran down his face.
namjoon was looking at him desperately, his hands reaching out silently.
"a-and d-don't-"
he looked up at namjoon to see his with open arms. jin sniffed while taking a step forward, and walked into them.
"i hate all of you i take it back" he said against namjoons chest.
everyone chuckled
"we'll give you a minute hyungs"
jimin smiled, turning to the other boys and walking to the waiting area.

namjoon started
"jin i-"
"don't say it namjoon you'll make this worse" jin said half angry
"but i-"
"i know, and that's why i'm saying it. namjoon, you're my everything, you're handsome, talented, understanding, kind, gentle and amazing. beyond amazing. and i-i love you" jin rushed out and started to crying all over again.

"you are all those things and more" namjoon said softly while lifting his head by holding his chin.
"and i love you too" namjoon said

"fuck you" jin sniffed
namjoon chuckled and looked at jin, smiling sadly.
he closed the gap between them and kissed him. his lips where soft and salty and yet they tasted sweet. they pulled apart and rested their foreheads together, looking at eachother for a minute. then they fell back into the hug.
"take care of them joon" jin whispered
"i will baby" namjoon said kissing jins forehead.
jin held his cheek and kissed him on the lips, his mouth lingered for longer this time and they both let go.

the boys came back and namjoon checked the time again
20:20
jin let go and held his suitcase.
"i love you guys"
"we love you too hyung"
jin turned, kissing namjoon sweetly one last time and walking away, he looked back and waved, dramatically blowing one last kiss while the members chuckled sadly. before walking ahead of the blurred glass doors.

jimin broke out a sob. namjoon turned and hugged him tight, "i'm sorry hyung i didn't want to cry" he said between tears.
"me too chim. me too"