six

"Close your eyes," he instructs as he opens my side of the vehicle.

"What?"

"Close your eyes." He says once again. A bit curious, I do as he says, and he takes my hand, leading me into a building.

"You're not gonna kill me, are you?" I ask jokingly, and he only chuckles. I was gonna comment on this, but the sound of loud barking, and the smell of urine hit me first.

"Where are we?" I wanted to peek, but he had placed his hand over my eyes for certainty. "Henry."

"Relax dear," he says soothingly. The smell was a bit much, and I knew we were surrounded by dogs since the barking was now uncontrollable and excited.

He uncovered my eyes and I then saw that he brought me to a shelter. My eyes watered immediately, as this was once of the things I had expressed interest in.

"I cant believe it," I whispered, slowly stooping near one of the barking dogs. It was brown, and covered with dark spots. It wagged its tail furiously at me, it's tongue hanging out of the side of its mouth. "Hi there,"

I reached my hand in, when Henry suddenly pulled me back.

"Hey, it might have rabies or something."

"Aw Henry, live a little." I pull him down to stoop next to me, and push his hand into the gate. He was a bit afraid, and the pup inside tilted his head at him before full on charging at the gate, startling Henry.

I couldn't help but laugh, as Henry, narrowed his eyes at it, and reached his hand in to pet it.

"You can give it a bath if you'd like? He's clean, as in no diseases od such." One of the supervisors suggested and I glanced at Henry. He grinned, then I grinned. I'm pretty sure the pupper grinned too.

______

"Busy night tonight Cooper?" Denzel asks as I rush to my vehicle.

"Kinda," I reply, stopping at my car door. "What about you?"

"Oh not really, just about to head home and listen to Kansas." He chuckles.

"You like Kansas?" My eyes widen.

"Nah, there's just this one song that I've been hooked on for days."

"Let me guess," I smirk, leaning on one hip with my hands on it. "Dust in the wind?"

"How'd you know?"

"That's one of their most popular." I reply. "Its typical."

"Hmm, I guess i'll have to play it at our business party this Friday?"

"Business party?"

"Yea, to welcome me to the company."

"Oh, I wasnt aware of that. Of course you can."

"And please, bring along your husband too. I'd love to meet the man who snatched such a lovely soul."

For the first time, I didn't feel very excited when he asked me to bring along my husband. I forced a grin and nodded.

"I will."

"Have a Goodnight Cooper."

"You too Denzel."

I watched as he sauntered to his car that pulled up in front of him in less than five seconds. He got into the back, and waited. I was a bit confused as to what they were waiting for, but I didn't want to look like a creep just standing there so I got into my vehicle and drove away. Glancing back, it was then that I noticed that he was moving out too.