nine

I woke up on the floor, shivering and stiff. My neck ached with pain as I winced and eased my self up by gripping onto the lip of the counter.

Henry didn't even bother coming home.

Was he mad at me from last night?

Sighing, my throat felt extremely dry as i grabbed a bottle of water, and downed it as fast as I could. I felt sick.

Limping up the stairs, my feet felt heavy on the stairs.

I plopped onto my bed once again, grabbing a scissors feeling helpless as I cut the jumpsuit off of me. I didnt feel not one bit of remorse or regret as my belly comfortable spilled out in it's cute pudge.

I cant be making myself miserable, no. I refuse to let that happen.

Henry needs to see that I'm all he needs, and me sulking around isnt very attractive. After throwing away the rags of clothing, I step into the shower, taking a nice long thirty minute bath. Which I only spent about 8 minutes actually bathing and the rest staring off at the bathroom wall. I'm sure I made it uncomfortable.

With my towel wrapped around me, I stepped into my bathroom to find Henry taking off his clothes.

"Good morning," I chirp, despite the ache in my throat and he looks at me weirdly.

"Are you okay? You called last night but-"

"Its fine, that was last night, this is now," I conclude. "What about you, how was your night?"

"And please," I stop him as he opens his mouth. "It wont ruin my mood, I actually want to hear about it."

He's silent for a moment, as I hum quietly to myself walking over to my underwear drawer and pulling out some lace undergarments.

I drop my towel, and wait for him to proceed.

"Very well," he drawls before clearing his throat. "It was good." Is all he says and I tilt my head at him as I clip on my bra.

"Just good? Must've been really good if she called you 'baby'," I tried to sound as calm as possible and he sighs.

"I told her that was off limits so dont worry about it."

"I'm not, really." I reassure him, or most likely, myself. "What does she look like?"

I busy myself by searching for my simple stud earrings, the diamond ones he bought me for my birthday last year.

"Why does it matter?"

"Oh, I'm just curious," I shrug. "That's all."

"Shes tall, and she has black hair. She's white."

My saliva felt thick as it slid down my throat. "Oh, that's nice."

He sighs heavily. "Look, now you're upset."

"Im not upset Henry," I scoff, trying to hide my hurt.

"Let's go out today," he proposes, and I turn to look at him. "We could eat, or maybe even go to the movies."

"The theatre sounds good."

"Great, it's a date."

- - -

I'm not sure what was up with Henry, but hes been acting strange ever since our discussion. I didn't have to order for myself, nor did I have ti pay for my tickets. He held my hands as he led me into the theatre, and the entire time we watched the movie too.

When it was over, I couldn't be any happier as he seemed just as engaged with me, as I was engaged with him.

"I'm just gonna run to the bathroom," the ac always had my bladder crying at the end of an hour and some minutes, so relieving it as soon as I could was now a routine when I came here.

On my way out, I bounced into someone large and nearly went flying back in.

"I'm so sorry," I say quickly, looking up at my victim, although he was the one who was holding me steady. "Denzel?"

"Oh hey clumsy cooper," he flicks my nose and I find myself grinning. "What're you doing here?" He asks and I shrug.

"Henry took me to watch a movie," I swooned and he nodded.

"As he should. A good husband spends time with his wife."

"What about you?"

"Actually, my sister dragged me here to watch toy story 4. You think 16 year olds would be over all the cartoons and stuff. Nope!" I giggled.

"That's cute, where is she?"

"Ladies room, I'm just waiting on her. You wouldn't happen to be watching the same movie as us?"

"No, my movie just ended actually."

"Darn, I'm just not that lucky." He winks and I raise both eyebrows at him.

"Are you flirting with me?" I ask playfully and he grins.

"Would that-"

"Cooper?" I turned to find Henry looking between my boss and I. "Whatre you doing?"

"Oh, Henry you remember my boss, Denzel."

They shake hands, and Denzel smirks at him. Henry doesnt look very pleased to see him, and hastily turns to me.

"Are you ready to leave?"

"Yea sure," I smile at Denzel. "See you on Monday boss."

"Enjoy the rest of your day Clumsy Cooper."

First it was Coop, now its clumsy cooper. With a soft smile on my face, I follow Henry outside.

"What was that?" He suddenly ask me, and I step back at the hostility in his tone.

"What was what?"

"You're flirting with your boss now?" He scoffs and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Excuse me? I was being nothing but friendly to him. He has done nothing wrong."

"That isnt professional Cooper, think about what people would say."

"I see nothing wrong in the exchange we had!"

Henry just pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs.

"Fine whatever, I'm just looking out for you babe." He gets into the vehicle, and I walk over to the passenger side, slowly getting in.

"I'm sorry, you're right." I give in and he turns to look at me. His eyes drops to my lips and he leans in, kissing me once, twice, then lingering.

"I always am. Dont forget it."