Chapter 8 | "I can't let you die again."

Note: this chapter is just basically a bunch of drama lol but I hope y'all like it.

Setting: Chloe's apartment

Lucifer's POV

"Where's Dromos?" Chloe asked fearfully.

"Right— I sort of threw him out the window."

"Hey, Amenadiel..." The detective stood up. "How exactly did you bring me back to life?"

"Well, I kind of took your soul from Heaven and dropped it back into your body." The angel explained to her.

Chloe's eyes went wide. "Oh—that's... possible?"

Amenadiel nodded. "Only angels are capable of doing it, but yes."

Lucifer looked at his partner. "How was Heaven, by the way? It's been a while since I've... been there."

"Oh, it was um... pretty great, actually. Um.. why don't you visit it ever?"

"Well, I've been kind of banned from Heaven, since I got sent to Hell... and um—"

"Oh right..sorry, I forgot."

Amenadiel walked over to his brother. "Right... Luci, I think it's best if you find Dromos and send him back to Hell." 

"Good idea." Lucifer started out of the door.

Chloe followed him.

"Detective, it's best you stay here." The Devil gave her a worried look. "It's too dangerous."

The detective nodded. 

Lucifer walked out of the door.

Setting: streets of Los Angeles

 Still Lucifer's POV

Lucifer parked his car on the side of the road in front of a tall building where Dromos was roaming about.

"Dromos!"

The demon paused. "Lucifer? Oh? I thought you were still grieving in there." he mocked.

"My grief is over." The Devil snarled, walking over to Dromos as his eyes turned red. 

"Heyy chill out, bro." The demon backed up. "It's not my fault your little detective is dead."

"Oh it's not?" Lucifer grabbed the demon by his neck with one hand and shoved him to the ground. "You try to kill Chloe again I promise you, you will be punished. And I mean it."

Dromos smirked as Lucifer strangled him. "W-why—d-ont—y-you—jus-t—do—it—al-read-y?"

"I am giving you one last chance." The Devil growled ominously, pushing his hand harder on the demon's neck. "And if you even go near the detective again I'll rip your heart right out of your chest." 

Dromos attempted to say something but failed.

"Is that clear?" Lucifer released his grip slightly to get an answer.

"Y-you said th-at last time."

"IS. THAT. CLEAR?" The Devil's red eyes glowed brighter with anger.

"Y-Yes m-my lord." 

"Lovely." Lucifer's eyes turned back to brown and he let go of Dromos. He then walked over to his black corvette.

The demon breathed heavily from after being choked and ran back over to Lucifer "I know—I know what you're doing."

The fallen angel rolled his eyes and turned around.

"You—you're stalling."

Lucifer grabbed Dromos by his shirt and pulled him towards him. "You will not speak to me in this way." he snarled darkly.

The demon nodded reluctantly, still panting slightly.

"Lovely." Lucifer let go of him and hopped in his car. "Remember what I told you." He warned the demon as he drove away.

The next day 

Setting: Precinct 

Chloe's POV

Chloe walked into the department when she heard a familiar voice.

"Hello Detective.." 

She turned around and saw Lucifer, but he didn't look like himself. His dark hair was messed up, he wasn't wearing his jacket, and he was breathing faster than normal. "Lucifer... what.."

"Don't ask."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine."

"Of course you are." Chloe grabbed Lucifer's arm and led him into the interrogation room.

She closed the door and looked at her partner. "Explain."

"There's nothing to explain, detective!"

"Oh yes there is." 

"Ugh, fine. I taught Dromos a nice lesson. End of conversation." Lucifer started out of the door before Chloe grabbed him again. 

"I know that's not all of it."

"I just..." The Devil sighed and glanced around the room. "I'm terrified."

"Of what?"

"Losing you—again."

"You're not going to lose me, I promise."

"You can't make promises you can't keep, detective."

"Lucifer—just calm down. Okay?"

"I can't calm down when your life is on the line!" Lucifer slammed his hands on the table in frustration.

Chloe put her hands on top of his and looked into his brown eyes. "Relax."

The Devil looked at his partner as his breathing became slower and normal, and his voice became soft. "Chloe...I.."

The detective waited for him to finish. 

"I can't let you die again."

"I understand... but— can't you just send Dromos back to Hell and it'll be over with?"

"See, that's just it. He'll come right back to try and ruin my life."

"Oh... but—why? What's his deal?"

"I don't know. Perhaps he just wants me back in Hell, and he can't think of any other way to convince me because of the moron he is."

"Listen, Lucifer, I'm going to be fine. Stop stressing out about my safety." Chloe told him firmly. 

"But detective! He may still come after you! I have to make sure you're safe!"

"Lucifer." Chloe looked him in the eyes. "Relax."

The Devil's eyes glinted with worry. "I-I can't... I can't, detective!"

Chloe put her hand on Lucifer's chest to feel his rapid heartbeat. "Do you feel that? Your heart is beating too fast. You need to make it slow down."

"Detective I—"

"I'm going to be fine."

Lucifer nodded slowly.

Chloe walked out of the room gesturing Lucifer to follow.