Chapter 16 Marianne

The sounds of snarls, growls and howls greeted my ears.

I snapped awake and rush out of the tent, snatching my sword as I went.

The sight that greeted me, was horrendous. Mass of Daemons, just sitting there, in Ajkirix Yovx.

Daemons were ugly things. Very hideous. Unless its Porivon. Who was once a Seraph.

Hjia and Fiwrz, two Seraph, were in the midst of our camp, ordering around our soldiers.

"Marianne, get your ass over here." barked Hjia.

By the way, Hjia, in my humble and blunt opinion, is a complete asshole who is snobbish, believing just because he is a Seraph, he is better than everyone else. Hjia is a complete dick. On the other hand, the quiet and humble Fiwrz is the better one out of the two. I personally like him. Fiwrz may be the quiet one, but he was for sure the smarter one.

"Marianne, quit fooling around. And, ass, here, now."

Just to irritate him, I moved slowly. I saw Fiwrz's eyes sparkle with controlled mirth while Hjia's eyes darken in anger.

"Yes?" I didn't even bother with the sir. He does not deserve it.

"You are wasting my time mortal and pushing my patience." Hjia growled.

"Marianne." Firwz just looked at me, his tone warning me not to continue, however amusing it is.

"Yes Firwz, sir."

Hjia glared, noting I called Firwz sir and not him. That probably wasn't a smart move.

"The Daemons are awaiting. Get to your battalion and prepare for the signal. This war just got started."