Chapter 13 - Flotsam

Flotsam-people or things that have been rejected and are regarded as worthless.

Melinda's POV

Anthony and I were walking back to my car after leaving the movies.

Melinda: Ugh that movie was so stupid and funny!

Anthony: Especially the part when they had that musical dance number out of nowhere but that wasn't even the worst cheesy romantic comedies cliches they had the part like when they bumped into each other in the grocery store and kissing in the rain.

I smirked at Anthony and jokingly yelled out..

Melinda: You can't talk about anybody being cheesy and they didn't kiss in the rain that man was running around the airport looking for that girl and they kissed in front of everyone including the TSA who illegally let him by after they just had to add Octavia Spencer to play that stereotypical black woman who told the boy to "go get her, child".

Anthony burst out laughing after I said this!

Anthony: Ok that was funny but you are right they did do that I forgot all about that.

Melinda: We should've gone to see that horror movie.

Anthony: Ew you know I hate scary movies.

Melinda: I do too but it looks original and interesting I mean what would you do if you see someone who looks just like YOU and want to kill you.

Anthony: Run like hell!

Melinda: (Chuckles) Right!

Anthony: I don't understand why white people do that like why the hell when they hear something like don't say hello or investigate what it is, run baby.

Melinda: Ugh don't get me started on the movies when the black person dies first, or when someone getting chased by a killer and the killer is walking slow as hell.

Anthony: And somebody's child got possessed by the devil.

Melinda: And that lame lights going out jump scare.

Anthony: Ugh don't get me started on that.

Melinda: Did you enjoy the movie though? I couldn't help but notice every now and again you didn't seem too invested in the movie.

Anthony: Well I'm not a going to the movies type person because all that's happens is tickets cost $7-10 dollars a piece not to mention ridiculous prices for popcorn and snacks only for you to go into a crowded room with people who be yelling and laughing and talking back to the damn screen talking about some "don't do it, girl" when you know damn well she's going to do it because it's the most typical thing you saw in like 100 movies! You might as well wait for it on Netflix to watch in the comfort of your home.

Melinda: (Laughs) Aw I'm sorry you didn't have a good time.

Anthony: No it's fine because if you had fun I had fun.

Melinda: I just wanted to get out of the house and do something together but if you preferred to stay at home that's cool too but I never really got into the whole Netflix thing.

Anthony: That because you probably haven't found all the good stuff yet but I can show you what I watch and we can go out too just not to no damn movies.

Melinda: (Chuckles) Okay Anthony.

We pulled up to the house and I said...

Melinda: I can't believe you had a rant about popcorn.

Anthony: I'm not joking though like it really be costing more than the tickets.

I unlocked the door and walked into the house still talking..