Prolouge

Home had always been in a sea of green.

Small (e/c) eyes were locked at the scene before them, all other sounds drowned out by the pounding of their heart.

The connection you felt with the wild started young, since your earliest childhood memories the bond you shared with the trees and the creatures it encompassed was as strong as iron. Birds and small critters flocked to you whenever you helped your mother in the garden, and harvest since your birth was always bountiful. The animals that lived deeper in the forest would follow you and your father on every walk.

With shallow gasps for air, their pupils constricted to a pins point. Tiny hands begin to shake uncontrollably, unable to peel their eyes away.

Your parents had always teased you about your green thumb and how you'd always talked to the animals. You insisted you had the help of your friend, but your parents could never see her. They brushed it off as an active imagination but the figure that always lingered by your side was more than real.

The young child dropped to their knees, (h/c) locks stuck to their sweating forehead, tears running down their rosy cheeks. Their whole body begins to tremble.

At age 10 you were deemed old and responsible enough to start gathering supplies for your family and the cozy cottage you lived in. You gathered wood and kindling for the fire place, medicinal plants for healing, and sometimes even a basket or two of your favorite treat— wild blueberries.
One mid summer afternoon, you started your hike deep into the heart of the woodlands. You had found the mother load of wild berries ripened for the picking. Your mother agreed to bake sweet blueberry pie if you gathered enough. You had just finished packing your bags full of the sweet fruit before you heard it.
C-crack. BOOM.
You knew exactly where it came from.

You covered your face, hands scrambling to plug your ears from the distant screams now resonating from your home.

You dropped your bag and sprinted as fast as your small frame could carry you. Animals fleed in the opposite direction, you could their their panicked thoughts in your head. Pushing harder, lungs burning you carried on, the smell of smoke filling your senses.
You emerged from the tree-line, dry heat and a warm light now whipping across your face, yet you remained frozen as your eyes locked on the site before you.

Your shrill cry ripped through the forest with the force of a hurricane.

Home had always been in a sea of green,
it's charred remains now submerged in red flame.

________________________________
A/N: Bruhs...hello, I've never written anything on here before but I have big plans for this story and I hope you all will like it. Chapter one will be posted in a few hours, I just couldn't wait and wanted to go ahead and post the prologue. Pls like and leave a comment and tell me how I did! I love getting feedback. See ya in a bit!
-nutmilk