Chapter 21

A/N- Hey guys, just a quick note from me. So, Spider-Man: Far From Home finally came out and I just want to reiterate that my story takes place after Spider-Man: Homecoming and any events that happen in this story are my own plot.
Also, THE MOVIE WAS SO FRICKEN AMAZING AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I've seen it multiple times already. I love it so much.
Anyway, don't worry, I wont give any spoilers and please don't comment anything about the movie in the comments, we don't want to spoil the movie for others who haven't had the chance to see it yet. Maybe in a few weeks I'll talk about what I thought of certain parts of the film and ask for your opinions, but until then, hush hush :))
Anyway, lets get back to the story. Enjoy :)

Peter leaped across the street and landed on the roof of the library, trying his best to make as little noise as possible and not to draw attention to himself. He could feel his heartbeat speed up as the adrenaline started to pump through his veins. He crawled along the roof with his senses open, ready for something to happen at any moment. He quietly stripped his backpack off his shoulders and stuck it to the side of a vent with one of his webs. 

Okay, first I need to find a way into the building without being seen. Man, if only the sun would set faster, it's still too light out. Peter snuck around the roof and managed to find a hatch that led into the building. Without a second thought he quietly dropped himself down and found himself in a small closet filled with cleaning products and a book labeled 'Lost and Found'. Okay...I'm in a janitors closet or something...now what? Peter reached for the door knob and was about to turn it when suddenly a loud voice pounded into his eardrums, startling him.

"Hey man! Its me, Ned! I came to your house to help you out. Found anything?" Peter put a hand on his heart as he tried to calm himself from the sudden scare. "Jeez, man! You scared the crap out of me!" Peter whisper-yelled, still standing in the closet, praying that no one was close enough to hear him. "Oh, sorry," Ned said. "Have you found anything?" Peter touched his hand to his ear to try to get it to stop ringing, since he had enhanced his hearing when Ned suddenly spoke.

"Yeah, and you'll never guess what. I followed Cory all the way to the library. The same one that Ralph went to." Ned gasped, "No way. This must be their evil lair or something! Where are you?" Peter rolled his eyes in a way that briefly made him think of Michelle and how she does the same thing to him. "Well, I was about to go out and sneak around until you scared the life out of me, and now I'm still in a janitors closet." Ned ignored his comment, instead saying "Why are you in a janitors closet?" Peter sighed, "Long story. Okay, I gotta be quiet now, I need to look around. Hook up my computer to my suit and you can see what I'm doing. Also let me know if you get any heat scans." 

"Okay," Ned said. Peter finally opened the door to the closet and poked his head out to see if anyone was nearby and was met with an empty corridor. He stepped out and started to head towards a staircase he could see at the end of the hall. "Nothing on this floor," Ned said. He looked over the edge and could see that the library had around four levels, which is the same amount visible on the outside. Maybe they don't have a basement? Does that mean that when Ralph came in here he was just in the library? But that doesn't make any sense, I couldn't see him on the scanner. Maybe there is a hidden staircase somewhere.

He went down to the next level and could see that this one was like a study place, with a bunch of computers and couches, some occupied with people. "Okay Ned," Peter whispered. "How many people are on this level?" Ned's response came a few seconds later. "There's around 9 people on this floor. All of them seem to be at one of the computers." Peter nodded. "Okay, thanks Ned. Karen? Can you scan the room for Cory?" His suits AI responded back with "Okay, Peter," Before he watched as she scanned the room and each persons profile showed up. None of them were Cory.