Ch. 4

*after school*
"Oh my Irene, the middle school cafeteria is sooooo freaking ginormous! Levin wanted to sit next to me but so did Malachi but so did Nekoette. So I ended up rotating so eveybody had time to sit next to me, yknow?" First day of school and Vylad is already king of the cafeteria.
"Oh yeah, I can totally relate." I said sarcasm dripping from every word. We both got in the Audi and I started the engine. I look to my right to see Vylad have that stupid helmet on. "Really?"
"Of course." He drawled. I shake my head and begin to back out, when in my mirror I see a tiny mass of pink and I slam on the brakes, sending Vylad and I toppling back into our seat, and I hear him laughing hysterically.
"Good thing I have my helmet." He laughs, when I hear a tapping sound on my window. And I see Kawaii~Chan. I roll it down preparing for the worst.
"Hi~" she starts off.
"H-Hi." I can barely get the word out. Irene make it stop.
"How are you," What? of all things to ask, why that? I want to scream 'Absolutely fucking terrible! How are you doing?' But instead,
"Good, yeah I'm good. How are you?"
"Can't complain, Zane~Kun. But y'know people usually check behind them before they reverse to avoid killing others." Alright there it is now the torture begins. What do I use as an excuse...Vylad? Seatbelt? Mirrors!
"Oh um yeah, I'm just not completely comfortable with using my mirrors yet so, haha, sorry..." Of all things to say Zane why did you say it like that? I'm such an idiot. Gene's gonna laugh about this later, so maybe I will too.
"Oh, okay okay. Clearly." She chimes. Damn, for a bubblegum princess she's kinda feisty. "Does Zane~Kun think he can make it out of the parking lot okay? Or-"
"Yep. Yep we'll be fine so, ahaha-are we done here?"
"I guess so. Oh, you are in charge. Have a good night." She pointed to Vylad and bounced away to her car. And long story short, I'm definitely killing myself when I get home because that was so embarrassing.
"Woah! Who was that?" Vylad snickered.
"That was Kawaii~Chan Ishida." I reply. Taking my hands off the wheel.
"Uh, Zane? Why aren't we moving?"
"We're waiting for the rest of the cars to leave."
*Vylad makes a super dramatic sigh* -time skip-
Vylad and I are having a Harry Potter movie marathon and right now we're on 'Deathly Hallows Part 2' it's quite nice to just chill after a hard week of school. Popcorn, pjs, no mask, nerdy movies, little brother, and a comfortable couch to lounge on. Perfect. I grab a blue scrunchy Aph probably left here and tie up my hair. I sit up from my extra comfy position "What do you think Garroth is doin right about now?"
"Crack." Vylad responds nonchalantly. I choke on air.
"What! Why would you say that?!"
"Calm down, its the Scottish way to say fun. Like 'you're a good crack' I think it goes for England too. Look it up..." Vylad takes a defensive standpoint. I relax slightly. "Oh he's probably doing cocaine too." He teases. I roll my eyes and throw the nearest pillow at him. Hard :)
"It's weird not having him here." I confess. It's like the more I think about it, the emptier the house feels.
"Yeah, its weird not having Aph here too. I miss her Dumbledore impressions." I felt the corner of my mouth tilt upwards.
"Yeah. Me too." We watch the movie for a little bit
'That's my girlfriend, you numptie!'
"Zane, maybe if you had a girlfriend maybe you wouldn't have to drive because she would take us places!" Vylad pipes up. All I can do is laugh for a second.
"Way to reverse the gender stereotypes, but at the cost of that I'm afraid you're stuck with me."
"Hmmm I dunno...What about the girl you almost killed yesterday?" He asks. I choke on air again.
"Need I remind you, KC is dating Dante."
"So?" He tilts his head. Silence. "It's not just that...Zane don't you find it kind of depressing, that it is Saturday night and you're having a Harry Potter marathon with your eleven year old little brother?" I feel myself straighten.
"No, it's like you said. You're my brother and I love to hang out with you." I retort.
"Zane, don't take this the wrong way...but I'm five years younger than you. That's half a decade. And I had to cancel my plans to be here with you tonight. And you're half a decade older than me, and I don't think you had anything else going on," Ouch.
"That's way harsh Vylad." I chuckle, throwing a pillow at him jokingly.
"Hey, the truth can really hurt my guy" he smiles. And we watch the rest of the movie in silence. Oh man, I never found Daniel Radcliffe's voice (even if it is yelling) so relaxing. And I feel myself drifting off into a beautiful abyss of unconsciousness.
So, at the time I didn't notice Vylad sneak off up the stairs and in to my bedroom to only cause some of the worst and best memories in my entire life.

Word Count: 900

A/N You guys! I got it out on time! Thanks so much for your patience with me yesterday I had a lot going on. Also sorry for the shorter chapter, I need some time to write the next one because some juicy stuff is gonna happen and I want to make it really good for y'all! Also if you want to its always nice to vote it helps my self esteem lol. Have a great day, bye babes ❤️ ~Fae