Main 4 (choice time)

Back at the palace, Mana and Mahad were gilding through the open halls next to the garden chatting about the new report Isis had wrote on inherent abilities of merfolk and how it differ from magic when a sharp voice stopped them.

"Mana, you're just the mermaid I've been looking for."

Mana stiffen and took a deep breath before turning around to bow to the royal owner of the voice. "Hello your highness," she said managing to sound polite as well as indifferent. "How can I help you?"

Mana rose but kept her eye lowered so not to meet the gazed of Atem's and Yugi's second older brother, Zev. Prince Zev was strangely handsome but held an aura that made all mermaids wary of him. He had ink black hair that curled around the base of his neck, pale grey skin stretched over a medium build and a dark green sea serpent tail. His face was squared and strong but the thinness of his lips always held a crooked smile. The mermaid tried not to feel sick under the calculating copper eyes of the older merman as she waited for him to speak. Thank goodness she had Mahad at her side.

"I'm looking for my younger brother Atem, but I can not find him." He paused waiting for Mana to tell him where Atem was but the mermaid stayed quietly sweating. Of all the times for a brother to care where Atem was, why now and why Zev? "Well? Aren't you going to tell me where my little brother is?"

Mana breathed, opening her mouth to speak but Mahad jumped in for her. "The young prince Atem is busy at the moment your highness." Zev give Mahad a cold glance. Mana glanced at her mentor but looked back at the floor.

"Busy? With what? Babysitting his dear brother? Little Yugi is an adult merman now, so what could he possibly be busy with?"

Mahad said nothing so Mana stepped in. Mahad was and older than Mana and Atem were by a century so he never was close to Atem. With Mana, however, the mermaid seek him out to torture her in the philosophy of their kind and to learn healing magic from Isis whom he was good friends with. Her goal was to be part of the royal council to help make their kingdom a better place. Mana didn't want to burden Mahad with covering for Atem so she rose her head carefully with her eyes still hidden. "He is out spending time with Prince Yugi at the moment and will return later."

"In other words, he is hiding tiny Yugi from the groups of courting mermaids. With his sensibility a male might better suite him."

"Kindly remember Prince Zev that, it was that very sensibility that made Prince Yugi's and Prince Atem's mother dear to your father the King."

Zev again glared at Mahad. It was no secret that if the king had just waited on mating right away she would have been crowed queen and no harem would be formed. "Just as you say Mahad, that kind of sensibility is better suited for a queen than a king. Thank goodness he will never see the throne."

"Is there a message you will like to give him?" Mana asked through grating teeth "If it's urgent, I'm sure he'll make time to speak to you." And put you in your place you arrogant ass- Mana then jumped back when she felt Zev's cold hand under her chin. She glance up only once but missed meeting his eyes. There was a rumor among the mermaids that if you meet the eyes of the second prince, and if he liked what he saw, he would force the mermaid into his harem.

Zev chuckled at the reaction saying, "There's no need to be so cold with dear Mana. I only wish to see the lovely color of your eyes. Such spirit and beauty you have. It's a waste that you have yet to be mated with."

Mahad moved infront of the prince and bowed saying, "Forgive Prince Zev but Mana and I need to be going. Is there a message you would like to passed along?"

"No." He said waving off Mahad. "I merely was bored. Father has no need for me since dear older brother will be crown king in fifty years or so."

Both Mahad and Mana gasped. "The King has said nothing of advocating the throne and he is in fine health." Mahad replied.