Chapter 4

I got out of the infirmary bed, and started taking off the gown that was wrapped around my body, after I found some of my clothes sitting nearby. My brother must have brought them for me. Jace and Alec quickly looked away, when they realized I was about to be naked. I slid on the pair of underwear and sports bra that my brother had managed to pick. I'm surprised he didn't forget to bring them. I changed into my black leggings and tank top, before sliding on my combat boots, and lacing them up as quickly as I could. 

"Alec, could you get all of the warriors to meet me in the training area in 5 minutes. We need to start training, in case of another attack," I stated.

       Alec nodded, and I began walking towards the door and out to the training area. The training area wasn't anything special, just a giant dirt patch that gave us plenty of room for our drills and workouts. We also had a gym near the Pack House where we could workout. I spent most of my afternoons working out in there, once I finished my chores for the day. I intended on making it mandatory for our warriors to start working out for at least an hour every day. 

       All of the warriors were filing into the training are, lining up side-by-side. I took in the different warriors, many of them being boys and some girls my age. The ones my age all looked nervous and eager, but were willing to prove their capability to protect the pack. The older warriors knew the drill for the past Head Warrior, but were waiting calmly and patiently for my new orders. 

       I started them with a run, because it helps to loosen up the muscles, before any of the hard training I had in mind. We ran, in human form, for three miles. By the time we finished, most of the group was winded and panting, with the exception of a few that I recognized would workout with Alec or Jace every now and again. We returned back to the training area, and we started doing drills: some were how to get out of an attackers hold in human form, different ways to counter attack, different ways to initiate an attack. I performed the drills with a partner, before asking them to pair up to practice themselves. I supervised and corrected them when needed.

       It had been a few hours since we began training, when I began explaining the areas that were to be scouted, also assigning who would be scouting and when. Once I finished, the members who volunteered to start scouting reported to their designated areas. I highly encouraged the remaining warriors to go to the gym to workout for an hour, and many of them obliged. 

       I went back to the Pack House to meet up with Jace and Alec before dinner was ready, and I found them both sitting in the office. I slumped into one of the office chairs next to Jace, while Alec sat behind the desk, a look of concentration covering his face. We discussed our next plan of action, which consisted of basically doing nothing, except scouting the area and preparing ourselves for another attack.

       The Shadow Pack was known for its warriors. They were cold-blooded, ruthless killers. They followed the orders from their Alpha with no excuses. They were dangerous, and we wouldn't survive many more attacks, especially with many of our warriors being new, but I couldn't think of any better plans without directly disobeying my Alpha. 

       We were interrupted from our conversation, when the timid woman knocked on the office door to alert us that dinner was ready. As we descended the stairs and headed towards the dining hall, we tried to keep the conversation light. There was no need in spooking the entire pack, while we tried to figure this out. We didn't even have a chance to sit down at the head table in the dining area, before we heard the loud, shrill sound of our scout howling to alert us. 

       I took off with every warrior in the dining hall following me, while Jace and Alec started giving directions and helping the remaining pack members get the Pack House secure. I was sprinting across the pack area, before I jumped and shifted mid-air, landing on my paws. The rest of the warriors behind me, followed suit, growls erupting from them. Alec and Jace would be catching up with us soon, so I needed to figure out what was going on before that happened.