Before they were separated....

Once upon a time, in deep winter, a queen was admiring the falling snow, when she saw two roses, one red, and one silver, blooming in defiance of the cold.Silver roses only bloomed when the moon was full, and it was still shown on that day. Reaching for it, she pricked her finger and three drops of blood fell. And because the red seemed so alive against the white, she thought, 'If only I had a child as white as snow, lips as red as blood, hair black as a raven's wings and all of the strength of that rose.' She looked at the silver rose, and the moon, ' and a child with hair as silver as the moon, eyes as golden as the sun, skin pale as the stars, and all the strength of this winter and it's fire.' Soon after, two daughters were born to the queen and were named, Snow White, and Moon Rose. And they were adored throughout the kingdom, as much for their defiance as for their beauty.

Snow White, William, and Moon Rose, were playing in the woods nearby. That was, until Moon heard a cry of pain. She looks to the sight of a bird, a magpie, wounded. "Snow, wait! Come here!" She beckoned for her sister and best friend. When they saw the injured bird, Snow White came up to Moon, who was holding the magpie, "May I hold it, Moon?" She asked. Moon smiled gently at her sister, as she nodded, and gently gave her the magpie. "We must take it back home." Moon stated. Snow smiled, and the trio started their walk back to the castle. "Come on William, Moon!" She beckoned to her sister and best friend. "Snow, slow down. Going to fast will injure the bird." Snow complied, and lowered her pace. They passed the field, and then the village. Finally, they made it to the castle, where they enter the queen's chambers. Snow didn't take notice, focusing on the wounded creature, but Moon noticed that her mother looked deathly pale. She frowned at the sight, but her mother kept the smile on her face. "We found it on the woods, it's injured, mother." Snow gave her the bird, and the queen petted it gently. "It must have broken its wing." She beckoned for Moon Rose to come closer. She came up, slowly,and the queen asked for her golden ribbon. She complied and gave it to her mother. The queen wrapped the ribbon on its wing. "Don't worry. It will heal, in time." She assured to her daughter. Snow smiled innocently. "We'll look after it." She said. "You both possess a rare beauty, my loves." She touched the place where their hearts should be. "Here. Never lose it. It will serve you well when you become queens." She said, with that smile on her face. But Moon saw in her eyes that they were filled with guilt and solemn. But nonetheless, she smiled a calm smile. "Moon, are you coming?" William called for her. "I'll be there! Wait for a moment!" He nodded to her response. "Is something troubling you, child?" Her father asked her worriedly. Her landed her gaze down, but the queen, Eleanor, lifted her gaze up. She was on the brink of tears. "You're not leaving us, are you mother?" She asked.

Her mother can only give her a sad smile. "I'm sorry, Moon Rose, but soon, my time will come." She told her daughter the truth. Moon shook her head, "We don't want you to go." By then, tears started to fall in her face. In comfort, the king and queen hugged their daughter. "It will be alright, love. I won't go. Not now. Not ever. But you must promise me something." She gave her mother a questioning look. She only whispered in her ear, and Moon nodded. "Dry your tears child, and smile. Go on, and play with Snow." The queen asked. Moon nodded, and tried to smile, but it didn't go with her tear-stained face. Eleanor smiled at her daughter, and embraced her. And Moon Rose, left the room.

When she came outside, the first thing she saw was Snow and William, climbing the apple tree. "What are you two doing?" "It won't be long, sister. William is just getting an apple." "Well, alright. But be careful." "Don't worry, Moon." William assured her. He got the apple, and was about to give it to Snow. "Thanks." She thanked him, but he brought it back, and took a bite out of it. "William!" Snow chided. Moon scowled at her friend. He just laughed. "That wasn't very nice, William." She had her arms crossed. He laughed and dropped down, so did Snow. Only were they on the ground, did they notice that Moon's pale face, was red and puffy. "Moon, are you alright??" Snow asked worriedly. "Huh? Oh! Yeah, I just tripped while making my way here." Both looked skeptical, but ignored it, and continued on with their games.

The next winter was the harshest memory as Snow White and Moon Rose's mother passed away. The king was inconsolable. Taking advantage of his grief, a dark and mysterious army appeared and lured him into battle. The Dark Army was defeated, but what would soon come to pass was far darker. [ I'm skipping this part with the Army, cause honestly, I just skipped that part, and I didn't like it.]

Moon's POV

Father, he brought this woman, Ravenna, back home, and he declared that she was to be his new wife. Although I am happy for him, something seemed....off from this woman. She looked beautiful, but I sense that she is nothing inside. I don't want this. I am happy for my father, but I don't want a new mother. I NEVER wanted this. But I was reluctant, and accepted.

As the maids were preparing Ravenna for their wedding, Snow and I watched as she was getting ready. "You're so beautiful." Snow complimented her. I stared into her eyes. "That's kind child. Especially when it is said from the face of a true beauty like yours in this kingdom." She looked at Snow, and then at me. Her smile, it faltered a bit, looking at me and my golden eyes. "Come." She beckoned for the both of us. We stepped up to her slowly. "This all must be difficult for you. I too, lost my mother when I was a young girl. I can never take your mothers place. But I feel that you two and I were bound. I feel it there," She touched out hearts. "Your hearts." Snow smiled at her, but I did not. The way on how she barely smiled at me, and how her eyes had no kind of love, something was wrong, but I ignored it.

We walked down the hall, and everyone, was there. Snow and I were hold each others hands, and I noticed, that Ravenna, or mother was paying no need for father. She looked at the crowd, and I did too. When I met their eyes, I smiled at them and only them. But as I looked in front of me, I saw Ravenna, staring at something. Specifically, me and Snow. And I realized: everyone was more focused on us, than the soon-to-be queen. She gave a cold stare, and I glared at her, making sure that no one noticed my eyes. She was trouble.

That night, Snow and I were sleeping. Snow was fast asleep, and it took me a while to close my eyes. Just as sleep was taking its toll, I heard a clatter, coming from father's chambers. I jumped at the sound. Snow was beginning to wake up. "Moon? Did you hear something?" She asked me. I looked at her. "Snow, let is make sure father is alright." By now, we were both walking to his room. "Father? Father, is everything alrig-" My breath hitched, and heard Snow gasp. "Oh.......no." I covered my mouth, and tears were about to spill. Father, I saw a knife, sticking out his chest. "Father. Oh god, help us all." I heard movement coming, I looked up to see Ravenna, and soldiers behind her. She had a sickening smile on her face. "You did this?" I questioned her. Her soft laughter and smirk was all the answers I needed. "Snow, RUN!!!" I took Snow by her hand, and ran as fast as we could, out of the castle. The sight before us, make my blood go cold. Soldiers, and fire, were everywhere. "What happened?!?!??!" "Snow! Moon!!" We heard our names get called, and saw William and the Duke on their horses. Their knight, picked us up, and set us to a horse. But an arrow pierced his heart, and we both fell off. "William!" "William NO!" We reached out to the closed gates. "Snow, Moon, NO!" "DON'T LEAVE US!!!" I searched around to find a way out. A hole, to the sewers. "Snow, this wa-" "MOON, NO!!" One of the soldiers grabbed Snow by her dress. "HEY!! GET OFF!" This enraged me. I never wanted to do this but I had to, to save the last of my family."LET GO OF SNOW WHITE!!" I raised my palms to his head, and ice surrounded by a ring of fire, went through his head. More soldiers came at me. And I burnt them down, as half were skewered by the ice. I looked at Snow, who had a look of terror. "Snow-" "Moon, get out of here!" She said to me as a man came behind her, and picked her up. "No!" "Please GO!!" I looked at her, and ran to the sewer. Using my powers, I froze the water, and ran, until I met the sea. I jumped off, and ran all the way to a forest. Hiding behind a tree, I sobbed. "Mother,Father,Sister. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." I looked at the moon, and screamed. "I will kill you, Ravenna, for ruining my life. I promise you, I will find you, and make sure your death will be my pleasure." That was last thing I thought of as I collapsed. Hate. I will never forgive myself for breaking mother's promise, but I will never forgive, that witch for destroying the life I loved.