The Demoness of the Forest

So poisonous was the reign of Ravenna, that nature turned on itself, and people turned on each other. The land died, and with it, hope. In all that time, she kept Snow White imprisoned, high up in the north tower. As for Moon Rose, she was a different story.

Third POV

Faraway from the kingdom, and inn glowed dimly near the outside of the dark forest. On the inside, what looked like Chaos, was erupting. Everyone was fighting, men were drinking, and woman were trying their hardest to impress the men, even though they regret it. But the one who has paid no heed their surrounding, was a figure, covering their face with a blue cloak. They drank their mead, only focusing on her drink. She didn't care for the people around her, until a commotion came by.

"Please, no. I don't want this!" A maiden pleaded to a drunken man. he was too close at her personal space.

"Come on. You will enjoy the pleasure I will reward to you." He said, as he tried to take her, forcefully. "Please, NO!" She cried. Pleading for help, was all she tried, but no one listened, or bothered to see. That was, until- SWISH! An icicle made a swift shot towards the man's hand, pulling him back from the maiden, and through the crowd, until he was pinned to a nearby wall, by the ice. The man howled in pain, catching the attention of all of the people around them. Some gasped, while others murmured in shock. The maiden was shaking with fear, until a hand rested on her shoulder. She fearfully looked up, only to be met with a beautiful face. "Go." Was the only reply she gave. All she could do is nod, and run off. "Who the hell pinned me to this bloody wall?!!?" The man yelled out. The maidens in the inn were shaking, but the hooded figure walked up to the man. "You! You did this!! You witch! You old hag! You-" He stopped mid-sentence, when he saw her eyes. Golden-yellow, which glowed brightly. The man, terrified, started to shake. "Oh god! Please, help me!! No! NO! NOO-" He was forever silenced, when fire bursts on his arm, making him scream in pain, and a shard of ice impaled his head, spilling his blood onto her face. Underneath her hood, she smiled, and turned towards the crowd. More gasps were heard when they saw the eyes. "The Demoness!!! She had returned!! Oh god help us all!!" All went into full chaos, when all the men tried to escape, but they only got met with shards on their backs or heads. Some burnt to death, while others tried to kill the Demoness. "DIE, YOU WITCH!!" One hunter tried to kill the Demoness, but instead was killed in the most brutal way possible. Each shard which killed a man, was released from their dead bodies, and in all different areas of the body, were impaled, sending his blood onto her face. The girls were horrified, and tried to flee, but was locked inside by a burning door, caused by the flames. As they backed away from the door, the figure approached them, and they girls tried backing away from her, until they stopped. "Do you want to live? To escape the queen? To live a life not in the arms of poor excuse of men? Do you want to live a life where no one controls you?" The figure questions. They all shook their heads in fright. "So you don't want to live? I see." She covered her arm with ice, until one of the maidens pleaded, "Please! Don't kill us!! We want to live! If we are to ever die, it will not be in your hands! Please, we beg of you to not end our lives!" The figure lowered her arm, and with it, ceased the flames, and moved out the way, but not until she created scars, pictures of hearts on their left cheek. They winced. "Go now. These Scars mark that you are now in my protection. Leave now! GO!!" She declared. The maidens ran to the doorway and disappeared into the night.

The figure pulled down her hood, silver hair flowing, and golden eyes shining brightly. This figure was Moon Rose, the lost princess of the kingdom. Through her powers she survived, and lived in the residence of the Dark Forest. They call her the Demoness, for she will kill all who enter the forest, but allowed some, with scars on their faces, to live. Those who lived, must forever tell of her existence. However, when she was a child, the last thing the felt was hatred, and when she woke up, all she felt was a feeling of vengeance on the queen, for no reason. She forgot about her family, her promise, her love.

Moon Rose walked out of the burned inn, and walked back to the Dark Forest. She stepped on the dust and it entered into her system. She saw figures, of fear and insanity. But she kept a straight face. Through years and years of living in the forest, she has gotten used to the fear shadows. She climbed up a tree, and thought of what has happened. Looking at where the castle is, she glared hatefully at it. "You will be dead at my feet. I'll make sure of it." She muttered as she fell into slumber.

~Earlier Today~

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all?" Ravenna asked to the mirror, eager to hear the same answer. "My queen, on this day, two have come of age, fairer even than you. They are the reasons your powers wane." This shocked Ravenna. "Who are they?" She questioned. "Snow White." "Snow White? She is my undoing?" The queen looked distressed. "And what of the other one?? Tell me!!" "Moon Rose." "What?!? But she must be dead!!! I was informed-" "The day you took over the throne, Moon Rose killed few soldiers with the powers of ice and fire. Those powers are the reason she has survived." The queen, angered at Moon Rose's powers, started to panic. "I should've killed them when they were children."

"Be warned. Snow White's innocence and purity, and Moon Rose's beauty and spirit is all that can destroy you. But they are also your salvation. Take their hearts in your hands, and you shall never again need to consume youth. You shall never weaken, or age." Ravenna smiled at the idea. "Immortality. Immortality. Forever." She turned her head and shouted for her brother. "Finn!!" The said brother came out of the shadows. "Brother. Bring me the king's daughter." He nodded, and turned to leave. "And brother," He looked back at Ravenna. "Find Moon Rose. She still lives to this day." His eyes widen in shock, but nods.