Chapter 5

Pink Diamond POV

What.

Everything stopped at that moment, it's like time stopped. Fear and dread spread like wild fire throughout me, resting mostly around my gem, I didn't know if I heard the human right.

She ... knows we're here? But she's not running away, she doesn't even seem a tiny bit afraid.

I looked to Pearl for guidance but she looked as lost and terrified as I was. Pearl mouthed to me "You heard that right?" And I responded with just a nod. Pearl, who always had a plan up her sleeve, who always knew what to do, was at a loss. Pearl mouthed again, "What are we going to do, my Diamond?"

Before I could give a response such as too ... slip away further into the forest and return to my moon base, the human that I know as Y/N, that also happens to be the very human that caught my eye earlier spoke again.

"You're both so very scared ... of me?" There was a pause she looked very deep in thought.

"Would it help if I closed my eye? Would you two come out then?" She closed her beautiful chocolate eye and her body was turned slightly away from us but her face was looking straight at us.

Seeing her waiting there for us too respond, so kind, so relaxed, let me build up enough courage to speak.

"Why aren't you afraid of us?" My voice was lathered in fear and I'm sure the patient human heard it as well, to my ears my voice sounded barely above a whisper but it probably was much louder. I was sure she was going to run.

But she didn't.

Amusement crept on to her soft smile, "Ahh you can talk, I was beginning to worry that I was talking to a mute." My face took on a darker shade of red, luckily, it was dark enough so Pearl didn't see it.

Talking to a human being was new and exciting but also very scary, the human chuckled,

"No need to be embarrassed," How-! But she interrupted my thoughts,

"To answer your question 'Humans fear what they don't understand, and what they don't understand, they destroy,' so I want to understand you."
She ended with a chipper voice but a lump had formed in my throat.
"Destroy?" The human chuckled again.

"Well how do you think we humans over populated the planet?" This human is interesting.

"H-how did you know w-we were here?" Pearl stutters. But she only responded with a kind smile on her face and said,

"You're both so very bright how could I miss it." We were still confused. She pointed towards me.
"You're a bright Pink. And even more brighter around your stomach, I'm not sure why though. Your other colours are faint in comparison with the Pink but they're still there," she pointed to Pearl.

"Now your dominate colour is white with faint yellow, blue and pink hues resting on your forehead. Hmmm, you're still so scared ..."

I looked down at Pearl. She was scared? How did this human know? I didn't even know, Pearl must've hidden it incredibly well.

She opened her eye, "are you two gonna come out anytime soon? I think you two been hiding in the bushes long enough." I kinda expected the conversation to get to this at some point, but it didn't stop the fear. She continued, "come on I already know you're both aliens." There was a pause, and she looked down letting her hair fall covering her face from view.

"Sorry..." this shocked me.

"Why are you sorry human?" Pearl asked.

"Because I probably messed up or you guys think I'm below average for a human or something. I shouldn't expect you two come out just because I want you too."

Flashback

"Blue! Yellow! Please let me out! I promise to never do it again! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry but I don't exactly know what I did wrong though..... please tell me what I did wrong....."

The massive door slid open, revealing 2 members of the diamond authority. Blue and Yellow Diamond who both held a condescending look towards the younger Diamond.

"Pink." Yellow said, the name dripping with venom.

All of a sudden Yellow shot a bolt of lightning at Pink and made direct contact. Pink's bloodcurdling screams filled the room. She bent over in agony, praying for the pain too end. She felt her form start to crumble but it didn't. Yellow retracted her bolt just before she poofed and Pink collapsed on the floor.

"That is for disgracing the authority with your misguided ways. We hope in the future you'll come to be a valued member of this authority." Blue Diamond said. The 2 Diamonds left, leaving Pink in soul crushing darkness.

Flashback Ends

I hesitated to say "We'll come out but on one condition." The humans head shot up in shock and I feel Pearl's shocked stare boring into me.
"You can't scream or shout and you can't run away." She relaxed.
"Is that all. I know you're aliens so how scary can you be?"

I took a deep breath and I hesitantly stepped forward, each step felt heavier then the last and it didn't take long for Pearl to fall into step.

Pearls POV

What is she thinking! I knew she was impulsive but this seems a bit extreme. This is the first human to actually talk to us and revealing ourselves could ruin all our progress, but ... I'll follow my Diamond to the end of time though. I notice her hesitation but I don't act on it, instead I fall into step with my Diamond, like every Pearl should and never question our masters.

My Diamond enters the clearing first and I see the humans eyes widen.

Pink Diamond's POV

I exit the forest more scared then I'm ever been before, this is not the same fear like when I get punished by Yellow or when Blue makes me cry or even when White is present. It's new and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I step into the forest clearing, my eyes never leave the calm humans face. I know what to call this type of fear now as I see the humans eye widen and her mouth left widen open.

It's fear of embarrassment.

Hey guys author here hope you don't mind the long chapter and I'm unsure if there's gonna be more this long. I hope you're all enjoying my story.

Au revoir. :)