1

Dick glared at his teammates from behind his Robin mask. "Why did you even think this would be a good idea?" He demanded.

Megan looked at him abashedly. "We just wanted to know . . ."

"Wasn't it enough that I don't want you to know my secret ID? Why can't you accept that?" Dick was furious. It wasn't his idea to keep this secret, it was Bruce's idea.

"I apologize, Robin." Kaldur began. "It was inexcusable . . ."

"Yeah, it was. And that's why I quit!" Dick stalked to his room and grabbed his backpack. He had never bothered to unpack, and now he was glad.

"Rob, you can't just quit!" Kid Flash protested. "Just over something silly like this!"

"That's exactly why I'm leaving! You think that finding out my secret ID is something funky that you need to know. I see it as the one thing separating my life and my hero life. If you don't respect that, then there is no way that I can work with you. It's been whelmed working with you." And without a backward glance or acknowledgement to his teammates, he walked through the Zeta Tubes and back to the Batcave.

"Well." Wally muttered. "That was dramatic."

*************
"You're home early aren't you Master Dick?" Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce's butler and friend and Dick's surrogate grandfather, asked.

Dick sat down at the table and slammed his head down. "I hate everyone and heroes are stupid."

"I take it your League friends did something annoying?" Alfred set a plate of cookies and a mug of hot chocolate down in front of the young hero.

"They tried to find out my secret ID and then acted like they did nothing wrong."

"They're simply curious, Master Dick. You can't fault them for that."

"Maybe not. But I'm still not very happy with them right now." Dick but into one of the cookies and smiled. Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies. His favorite.

"And that's perfectly all right. Allow yourself to cool down and look at it with a clear head later."

"Ok." Dick smiled, though he privately swore to never talk to any of those jerks again. Except Wally. Because BFFs have special exceptions.
*************
"Hello? Dick? Alfred? Bruce? Anyone home?" Wally asked as he creeped through the front door. "I'm just putting this key back we're I found it. . . Underneath the fake tile in the roof. Who does that?"

Dick hopped off the top balcony and landed on the floor in a cool action pose. "Hi Wally!"

"Dude! What was with the fit this morning? That wasn't very aster."

Dick shrugged. "Don't care. I'm 13 dude. No matter how mature I might seem, I'm still a kid. And you guys were jerks."

"Dude, you should just tell them."

"Nah. Come on in though. Plenty of food in the fridge."

Wally rolled his eyes. "Someday that won't work anymore."

*************
Hey guys! Sorry this was super childish, but I had no ideas for this first chapter! I promise it'll get rolling after this and be TONS better so just bear with me!