05~ Backfire

"So, a little birdie told me that the infamous cherry bombshell likes Toni Topaz." Lydia giggled, strutting around Cheryl in a mock interrogation. The Blossom stared at her cousin in disdain, there was much more important stuff going on and the ginger wanted to talk about relationships? What kind of bullshit was this?

"Yeah, I like her, so what?" Cheryl replied snappishly.

"I like your top, although it seems a little small on you, and I went through your closet a week ago. It wasn't there, so, is there something you aren't telling me?" Like the farm, she thought to herself. "your girlfriends?" Lydia presses again. Deep down the shorter girl just wanted her cousin to stop hiding things from her, whether it be over her latest crush or the bigger secret that every teen in Riverdale seemed to be a part of. This was the whole ass reason she wanted to leave Beacon Hills, Allison and Scott and Stiles and Jackson, they were all keeping secrets and nowhere, they were too!

Lydia was a smart girl, all the pieces she managed to put together were from little snippets of information that Cheryl dragged her along to hear, and it only made her more curious about what was going on. So far, all she gathered was something about some guy being broken out of prison, some weird shit about a gargoyle and something that sounded like a rip off of Dungeons and Dragons and a whole bunch of things about something called 'the farm' and the name of that corrupt guy, Hiram Lodge thrown around a hell of a lot, so much that she thought it was an inside joke. Lydia knew Riverdale was a weird place, all small towns were, but this place took the cake. Frustration ebbed in her veins, she knew some thought of her as a mental case, and how no one believed the trauma left behind of the attack and no one was telling her what was going on in her new home. Tears bubbled in her hazel eyes, but she held them back, using them to aid in her fury, venom lacing in her tone. "Fine then, Cheryl, don't talk to me, I guess being your friend isn't worth much to you as it is to me."

Icy and leaving her with something to think about. The best way to end all conversations, she thought, storming out of the room and outside. The day was overcast and humid. Rain threatening to fall down from the heavens onto the world below.

She felt the urge to scream and cry and yell and fight. Instead of opting to step out of her heels and run barefoot along the pavement. The flame-haired girl had nowhere she needed, nor wanted to be, nor was she running anywhere particular.

The feeling of her heart thudding and the burning of her lungs with each step was somehow soothing, although she still felt like she needed to scream and shout. It was pitch black out when she realized what time it was and just how lost she was. The oversized pink sweater and jeans were doing nothing to keep her warm out in the Forrest. The rain still just barely holding off, her phone had no reception and she had no idea which direction she even came from.