1

Robin's POV

It's my senior year and I was forced to move to a new town, Hawkins. I moved here in summer and got a job at the local mall. I work at Scoop's Ahoy with Steve Harrington, my only friend in this whole town. School is just a day
away and the stress is starting to get to me.

"What if no one likes me?" I asked Steve.

"If I like you, anyone will. Just stick with me and you'll be fine," he told me.

Steve's the guy every girl wants to date and the guy every guy wants to be.

"Steve, you barely know me, why do you want me hanging out with your crowd?"

"People change, and my friends have changed. Also, you're pretty cool, you'll fit right in." He assured me.

I smiled and sighed, "If only we just had a few more weeks of summer."

Steve shrugged, "yeah, but I mean, the school year would have started at some point."

My eyes fell off of Steve as I heard a customer walk into Scoops Ahoy. A girl walked in, a girl I haven't seen before. She was short(shorter than me at least) and had red hair. She wore a pink romper with a black belt around the waist.

"I'll take her," I told Steve. He nodded and went in the back as I served the girl.

"Hey, I'm robin, what would you like to order?"

"Could I have a vanilla cone with sprinkles?" The red haired girl asked.

I smiled and scooped her ice cream. As I handed her the cone, our hands touched and her face started to turn red.

"I've never seen you here before," she said, "are you new?"

"Yeah, I just moved here during summer."

"Well robin, if you'd like a new friend before the school year starts, maybe you and I should hang out."

My brain was flustered by this thought and I couldn't think. "Uhh...yeah, when?"

"Let's say, on Thursday. We can go see a movie at like 7:00," she suggested.

I nodded, trying to keep my excitement inside. "I'll be there."

As the red girl started to leave, I shouted behind her.

"Wait! I didn't catch your name!"

"Danielle," she smiled.

"See you on Thursday, Danielle," I said as she left.

After she left, I went into the back by Steve. "So...what happened?"

"She invited me to a movie on Thursday as a start of being friends."

"Good for you, Robin, I'm proud."

I smiled and patted his back, "some girls are waiting out there for you to scoop them ice cream, dingus."

As Steve left the room, I was left alone with my thoughts. Was it weird that I was attracted to Danielle? Is it weird that ALL of my crushes are on girls? After getting lost in thought, I fell asleep.

"Robin! Wake up!" I looked up and saw Steve. I groaned and sat up, "is it time to go?" Steve nodded.

"You feeling okay?" He asked.

I stood up and stretched, "yeah, I was just thinking about stuff."

I took off my hat and headed to the front of Scoops Ahoy, Steve coming with me.

"When you said you were thinking, what was on your mind?" Steve asked.

I shrugged, "nothing important, I'm just nervous for tomorrow."

"I'll be there with you the whole time, no need to worry. I'll even pick you up, say about 7:00?"

"Yeah, sounds great. Thanks."

I approached my car and said goodbye to Steve. Tomorrow would be a weird day for me, but at least I'd get to see Danielle. I headed home and went straight to my room. I flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I had a lot on my mind, but I wasn't quite sure what to think of myself. Do I only like girls? What if I get too scared to tell anyone about how I feel? I don't even know how people will react, I hope this school is more accepting than my previous school. But then again, I have no idea what to expect.
...
A/N: these chapters will probably be really short because I'm bad at writing🤷‍♀️