8

I was beating the imaginary life out of my punching bag. My trainer slightly surprised and maybe even scared.

"O-Okay Clem I think that's enough with the bag, let's do some floor work." Kenneth said, holding the heavy leather bag still.

I took in a deep breath, putting my hands down. I gave Kenneth a small smile as he chuckled. Unwrapping my knuckles from the gloves I wore to protect my fist. "What did that bag do to you, huh?" He laughed shaking his head.

"I'll make sure to get all that frustration out today! Now let's do some crunches give me ten reps of twenty." Kenneth said excitedly.

All the while I thought about Zion, and how it's been four days since the last time I saw his face or even heard from him. Silas hasn't been his usual self, he's been so quiet and sad it hurts.

After my one and a half hour session with Kenneth I take Silas with me to yoga.

I smile at him as he tries to copy my pose, one leg off the mat but sticking out to his side. I let out a loud laugh, knocking my balance off and causing me to fall. Our instructor laughs with us, going to Silas and trying to help him out.

"Lets do some poses that a pair can do!" Our instructor suggests. Explaining what we'll do.

I lay flat on my back, grinning like a fool as I pull my knees to my chest. Silas smiles brightly, leaning on my feet he reaches his arms and grabs my hands, I lift him up, straightening my legs. Silas squeals into a happy laugh, mostly because I'm making funny faces.

After that I could tell he was back to himself, smiling and skipping as we walked down the busy streets of New York.

"Mommy can we eat here!" Silas asks jumping up and down.

God I wish I had his endurance. I was trying my best to smile through the pain I was feeling all over my boy. "Yup! Let's eat something good, cuz' I heard your tummy growling back there." Silas let out a laugh.

"That's only because it was so quiet in there!" Silas protested, I opened the door to the food place, letting Silas walk in before me.

Peoples eyes widened as they saw me.

To be honest it was weird becoming this famous. Especially since I've never been popular in my life, I was always the friend that blended in and never stuck out in high school.

So I always felt embarrassed when people noticed me. I smiled at the people before I turned to the waitress. "A table for two please!" Silas chirped happily, throwing up two of his little fingers.

The waitress smiled down at him, her red curls up in a pony. "No problem! Please follow me."

After reading our menus for a few minutes the waitress was on her way back to our table, "Mommy I'll order for you. Which one do you want?" Silas asked me, smiling.

I reached over the small table, pinching his nose. "Thank you baby, I'll get a cranberry salad with lemon slices on the side." Silas nodded at my order, mouth the words I just said.

"Are we ready to order?" The waitress asked with a smile, a notepad in her hands.

"Yes! I'll have chicken tenders with waffle fries and the lady will have a salad with cranberries and a slice of lemon! Please and thank you." Silas ordered politely, tilting his head up with a sense of pride.

I held in my snickers, as did the waitress. "Anything to drink?" She asked and suddenly Silas's face fell. He pushed out his lips looking over to me.

"I'll have a water, and he'll have a mango smoothie. Thank you so much."

Silas chewed happily on his chicken, smiling at me with his cheeks full. I smiled, taking pictures of him after taking my phone out. He looked awfully like a little squirrel with his cheeks full.