First Kiss

"I love you."

The impossibility of time stopping suddenly became possible. Shock lured at my mind as his words sank in, taking their hold.

He loves me...

He loves me...

Link Neal freaking loves me!

Time continued as I started to process the reality of what had just happened. My breathing returned, my heart beat a steady pace.

I looked up, meeting Link's gaze.

"Y-you love... m-me?" A small smile started to pull at the corners of my mouth.

"Yes!" Link grinned. "Yes! Lily Ryan Lamont I am in love with you."

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his chest.

"Charles Lincoln Neal I am in love with you!"

Link hugged me back, holding me in his arms.

After awhile my tears subsided. I looked into Link's Ocean Eyes. He smiled sweetly.

"So... Did you ever have a crush on me?" He asked, a mischevious smile fell upon his face.

I laughed, "Ever since I ran into you almost two years ago!"

Link nodded his head and laughed, "You're not very good at hiding it."

"Hey!" I frowned and playfully punched his shoulder.

"I'm kidding, I honestly had no idea!"

"So... Did you ever have a crush on me?"

Link laughed. "I stood up to Jack for you, do you think I ever had a crush on you."

The thought of the abandoned house made me sad.

"Do you ever think about going back?" I wondered.

"What?"

"The abandoned house..."

Link's eyes grew wide, he turned to me. "Why would you ever want to go back there!?"

"I don't know... I kind of miss it... We should go!" I exclaimed.

"Jack could be there!"

"Jack," I mimicked. "may not be there!"

He thought about my words.

"Okay," he started. "let's ditch Rhett and Kate and go to the abandoned house."

"Okay, let's ditch 'em!" I grinned mischeviously.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link held my hand as we drew close to the house. I was still processing what had happened.

Link said he loves me!

Whoa!

As we reached the house I was relieved. Jack was no where to be seen.

"Yay!" Link exclaimed. "No bloody noses today!

"Yay!" I laughed.

We stopped at the doorway.

"I should hide in the house and you should have to find me in the dark!" Link grinned like a child on Christmas day.

"You have really weird and stupid ideas!"

"That's not a stupid idea." Link frowned.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, I'll play 'hide and seek' with my 3 year-old trapped in a 14 year-old's body boyfriend."

"Yay!" He shouted in the squeakiest voice he could manage.

I sat just outside of the house, covering my eyes with my hands, which was pretty pointless considering that it was pitch black inside the house.

"1, 2, 3, 4, " I started drone. "5, 6, 7, 8 ,9 ,10!"

I stood up and started in the house. 10 seconds wasn't a long time to hide, I suppose, but he could have been standing in plain view without me noticing because of how dark it was in there.

As I walked each footstep cause the floorboards beneath me to groan.

"Link," I called out in silliness. "Where are you?"

I heard a creak coming from the opposite side of the room. I followed it.

"I'm gonna catch you!" I giggled.

I reached the spot where the creak came from. No Link.

Crap. I thought. He must have moved.

I took a silent step forward.

Where is he?

Strong arms pulled me from behind. I was wrapped into a warm embrace and before I knew what was happening someone's lips were smashed against mine. I pulled away.

"Link, is that you?"

He giggled, "Yeah."

"Oh my gosh! Did you just kiss me?!"

"Yeah..." he replied awkwardly.

"My mom's gonna kill me if she finds out I've been kissing a highschooler!"

"Oh boy!" Link laughed, his voice thick with sarcasm. "I bet your just ecstatic for that conversation!"

We both laughed. I grabbed Link's hand and pulled him out of the house. We ran back to the park, hand in hand, happier than ever.