Chapter 18

The constant chirping of the birds woke me up. Annoyed, I lifted up my head to look at the window. It was early morning.

James was peacefully asleep and our limbs was entangled in one another. He still held me close, and his face was nuzzled in my hair.

I couldn't stay awake so I poked his cheeks and said "James,"

He stirred in his sleep and responded with a hum.

I giggled a bit and said "Wake up sleepy head."

I kissed his cheek and he saw pulled me closer, trapping me.

"James! Come on ,get up. Now."

He sighed and said "Fine.."

I got up and headed for the bathroom.

I started brushing my teeth when James barged in.

"Hey! You cant just barge in!" I shouted.

"Why? You weren't taking a shower or anything." He muttered.

"I could be!" I snapped.

"Then you would've locked it. Junie. Tsk tsk." He said.

I made a pissed off look and rinsed my mouth.

I got out and went to the kitchen.

"So I have to get back to work now. Which means I wont stay here anymore.  It actually seemed like we live together, you know?" James said.

My face dropped and I frowned. He wont be staying with me? I feel so lonely without him..

"Y-yeah.." I said.

"Why don't we?" he asked.

"Why don't we what?"

"Move in together?"

I choked on air. I was caught off gaurd by his suggestion although the idea seemed incredibly pleasing.

"James.We are not together, I mean, I don't know. Only couples do this."

"No! Best friends can live together. People have roommates. Come on don't be silly."

"But...I don't have enough money..." I said softly.

"I said 'we' , 'us'. We're a team. You don't have to worry. I'm here."

"But I can't let you pay for everything. I'll...I'll pay for the groceries. A-and the cable." I said.

"Well that's settled then." He smiled.

A sudden spark of excitement went through me and I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and shouted "We're moving in together!"

He laughed and said "Yes we are!"

I pulled back my head, my body still attached to him.

Our faces were incredibly close. I smiled and said "Look at us. We met a few months back ,  and now look..I feel like I've known you for years. Before you, I was broken, shattered. I didn't even smile. It was almost impossible,until you," I whispered and looked intently into his eyes.

"Thank you. I'm not completely fixed yet, but I think anything is possible with you. Don't leave me.." I said,my eyes getting teary.

Everyone had left my life. My family. Friends. Everybody. All I am actually left with is Jay, uncle and James. And if they leave..I wouldn't like to imagine the consequences..

"June...I need you too much to leave..." He whispered back, and looked into my eyes the same way.

I smiled and my eyes dropped to his lips.