;Friends;

Excitement bubbled up inside her

Excitement bubbled up inside her. The feeling she experienced could only be described as having bugs in her stomach. The corners of her mouth turned upward as she watched Frank stepping into her living room. It looked like it hadn't been otherwise since forever. The way he immediately sat down without many words; her preparing coffee exactly how he liked it.

She would love to get used to having a friend. Her first to be honest. Not counting the people who were still trapped in the realm.

„So“, his voice broke the silence between the two. (Y/N) hummed in response for him to continue while still pouring herself some tea. „The drawing from last time. Looks awfully a lot like Susie.“

Her eyes went to the paper above his head, which was put into a small black frame. Nodding, the younger girl left the poor excuse of a kitchen to sit next to Frank. „I, uhm, draw what I see in my dreams. Usually.“

She started to bite on the inside of her cheek, watching for his reaction and debating if it was a good idea to tell him something this personal. But how personal could something like dreams, where you have no control, actually be?

Frank averted his narrowed eyes from the picture to his cup again, disappointing (Y/N) in the process. She wished for more substance. For something to continue this conversation, however, his passive reaction showed her that she needed to act herself if she wanted more. The only subject coming to her completely blank mind was maybe too weird to mention it so casually. Should she tell him about the dream?

„What was it about?“, fortunately, she didn't need to initiate more dialogue by herself. Frank directed his attention back to the younger girl, making her flinch from the sudden seriousness in his voice and eyes.

„My dream?“, he nodded in response, waiting patiently for her to begin speaking. „Well, I have a dream journal to remember all the details, but I guess I can sum it up this way too. I think I was at home at that time when Susie came in and... yeah, and stabbed me 27 times.“

Her cheeks warmed up at the memory, making her feel like she had a fever. Why she chose to tell him that was now beyond her. Somehow it seemed so embarrassing right now, causing her to wish to take her words back. In the end, she just told him she had a nightmare about one of his friends.

„Then why did you draw her?“, her thought process probably seemed irrational to him. Frank quirked a brow, not leaving (Y/N) out of his sight.

„Because I wanted to, Frank“, she returned his sharp gaze, setting her cup of tea down in front of her. The turn this conversation made, didn't sit right with her. „You know, not every decision is made after contemplating it for long enough; comparing the benefits and disadvantages. Some things happen out of a feeling. I... wasn't scared of Susie in my dream nor did I feel pain. Because, at least that's what I think, she seems like a...“

Absolutely fantastic! It had to be at this point where the words were suddenly stolen from her. She couldn't describe the pink haired girl any further, simply because she didn't know how to put her feelings for her into a coherent sentence.