Training: Day One

One Month later

I was standing next to Maria; well actually, it would be more accurate and logical if I said that I was standing on the table next to where Maria was standing. She and her boyfriend, Erath, were waiting for the million or so recruits for Blaze's brainchild, the Death Strikers, to file in.

I spotted Blaze among the recruits, and felt a frown crease my cyber forehead. Why was he standing among the new recruits, when he was in charge of this entire force? I didn't have to wait long to find out though.

"Welcome everyone," Erath stated, "Please, if you would have a seat, we can get started sooner."

I watched each and every single one of the recruits carefully. As I studied them in a micro-second, I also pulled up their personal files; wondering why Blaze would select such a large group of ragtag humans, Angels, elves and several other human species.

I couldn't find anything that set them apart from the hundreds of billions of other recruits that had been turned down. Of course, maybe Blaze had picked these people for a particular reason, other than their skills and experience.

"Again, welcome to all of you who have joined the Death Strikers," Erath began, "As you have probably figured out, Death Strikers only has room for the best of the best."

A few murmurs went up at that, but they were quickly silenced by Maria, who then started talking.

"You have all been picked, not because your commanders didn't want you; although that is part of it," Maria explained, "But because you don't follow orders from those that haven't earned your respect, and because you all have skills that the standard military or civilian occupations of yours don't take advantage of."

"As part of your basic training, we will divide you according to where we think you are needed," Erath continued, "as Basic progresses; you may or may not be shifted according to how we see your skills.

"Training is one year long, and is divided into three sections; Basic, Advanced and finally unit. The final three days of the year shall be set aside for an end-of-training exercise."

"There is no dropping out of training," Maria stated, "If you break a bone; deal with it and continue training. If you can't go any further; then you need to prove to yourself that you are part of the best.

"Death Strikers is a military style nation of sorts," Erath stated, "and as such is divided into these following sections; The Death Strikers' Interstellar Navy, The Death Strikers' Hunter Squads and Guerrilla Infantry, The Death Strikers' Mobile Panzer Infantry shall be supporting The Death Strikers' Panzer Force, and finally the Death Strikers' Air Force."

"There will, of course be is a unit that is for the very best," Maria explained, "But only a hundred of you have been selected for this outfit. Its name is The Elite Commandoes. Their jobs will range from standard Grunt work, to Special Ops; such as sabotage, assassinations, and combat recon."

I watched as discussions suddenly launched up all around the massive main structure of the new complex. Oh, in all the action, I forgot to mention one little detail. The Death Strikers' main base was on Pluto.

*-*-*-*

"Left hook," I barked, nodding in satisfaction as the Elite Commandoes before followed my order precisely.

I barked out a few more moves, that the Elite Commandoes performed with some difficulty, before told them to break off into pairs. Once they had done so, matching themselves with someone from their own squad if possible, I started calling out new moves.

My eyes glided across the training field that had been set aside for the thousand or so ECs. For some reason I kept looking at my brother; each move I asked the ECs to perform, he would perform effortlessly, as if his body knew what it needed to do, even if his mind wasn't sure.